Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January 6....photo a day...















Look, the snow melted...the sun shone and daisies bloomed !!! Yeh.... right ..... and I just won the lottery too ... hahahhahahha














Back to reality.... after seeing all the colour on everybody else's pics... I did decide to add a splash of colour to my snow shots. Not that the trees and other thing aren't beautiful...just to add some colour for today.....














Then, as I turned to go back inside ... "taking my splash of colour" with me...














...... there it was.... my other splash of great colour...... colourful berries and pretty PINE cones. Not the million useless puny fir or spruce cones that fell in the snow. Now, this is what I call "cones" ... the real thing. I love the pine cones. I can do things with them.... the others are too small and funny feeling to touch... and aren't much good for anything except some practice swings with my 7 iron. If they sail over the neighbour's fence...back from whence they came.....I feel like I have it sort of right...and off I go for a round with my "old guys"... (in the summer of course...!) ... you know...like, when those daisies are the only thing in my yard that is snow white!

15 comments:

HElen said...

Daisies, daisies...you made me laugh :) thanks for that! Love the daisies, one of my favorites.

Love color splash especially last photo of pine cones and berries close up!

Serena Lewis said...

Wonderful post and pics, Vee! The splash of colour is lovely. I have been enjoying your snow pics too so don't worry if there isn't any colour.

Barbara said...

well where there is a WILL there is a WAY. Fun approach to color, good for you. I love the touches of color.

Anonymous said...

Your photo's are great! love the splash of color and I really love daisies and that was too cute of an opening.

Cheryl said...

What a great pic of one of my all time favorite flowers. They just look happy and make me feel happy. A bright spot in my currently very gray world. White snow would be better than this.

Linda Fleming said...

Hee Hee! Had me going for a sec- was wondering what kind of freaky weather Canada was having ;)

I love wreaths, and that one is really beautiful. Love the simplicity and natural look.

Draffin Bears said...

Daisies are so pretty and I love your photo.

Also the splash of colour - the red and white is lovely.

Hugs
Carolyn

Mike Fleming said...

The spalsh of color against the snow background reaaly does look great.

sandy said...

Love that daisy photo but that red against the snow, wow!! Had to laugh about hitting the cones with your 7 iron.hahahaha. Enjoyed the post.

MaryO said...

He he! I almost posted a summer flower photo, too, for want of something colorful to show. Isn't it funny how we hunger for color when nature doesn't offer us much? I love your flashes of color in the snow.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Ooo, so pretty!!!

JudiA said...

LOL... that is so funny. Isn't it wonderful how going out to look for something (anything!) to photograph is opening our eyes to seeing things we might otherwise just look right past? I am finding that to be true for me anyway.

Unknown said...

Those are some great festive photos! Love the snow pics!

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh with the daisies and your splashes of colour. That snow is gorgeous! Blessings, Nicole

Maria Vaz said...

Hello Vee,
You are too funny ... believe ... spring will be in the air soon! Great pictures.
Loved talking to you the other day ... a lovely suprise. We need to repeat it soon. We are in Madrid ... it's cold! For a brief moment, while eating at an American style rib restaurant, we noticed some snow flakes falling ... go figure!!!
Take care my friend. Hope to see you soon.
Hugs ... Maria