Friday, January 23, 2009

January 23....a photo a day....

Seeing as our photo a day is supposed to be representative of "our world"... it seems mine has taken on the tone of a weather and yard report. Which is definitely my world. I am a bit of a hermit.... .. love to stay at home...happily cloistered in my little world. ... now if I could just adopt a few cats................. hahahhah.... darn it... Mr. BV is allergic.. and besides doesn't care for cats... now if I wanted a dog... he would be pushing me in the right direction.

The weather man is getting scary-good at predicting things.... last night he said the sun would poke through the clouds after a little sifting of snow overnight... he even said it would begin to peek out about 10:00 a.m....yeh sure.... ... as if he knows the exact time...














........ it appears that he must have a direct line to Mother Nature's house.... because this is looking out my kitchen window at 9:47 a.m. ..... hmmmmm....
I better get that number from David right away before I forget. How great will that be for booking golf times... just so we don't pay and get rained out..yet again....














However, it is far from toasty .... there is frost on the door stop in the garage... so I thought...maybe I'll just stay in and take some more pics through the windows... after all it is only -23 C... nope, not going out today.














hey...just a darn minute....I know there's only have one lamp out there....... ..















..oh..... beveled glass..... that stuff can make for some interesting pics. And, no, that's not real frost patterns on the glass .. it's fake frosted glass.














The sun burned off all the cloud cover... the sky became a brilliant blue... I stuck my head out the door and took one of the new soft white mantle of snow...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the mercury plunges...( I love saying that even if there is hardly any mercury to be seen anywhere anymore)..... I like to bake. The house smells so great and the oven heats up the kitchen and ...well, I just love the warm cozy feeling of it...

Bread..... then chocolate cherry muffins....then... oh, yeh...then I had to get busy and burn some calories....











I am using the photo a day as impetus for keeping up with my workout regime... and, guess what? it's working. Thinking about my photo and my blog entry immediately makes me remember to make time to jump on the treadmill...do some stength exercises and stretches... happy to report that so far I have missed only one day in 23..... smug me. (picture a cheesy grin)... .

Strength is definitely improving...I actually feel lighter on my feet or some weird thing too... but, still hoping to strengthen the joints a bit more. I have a collagen deficiency syndrome called Ehlers Danlos that is a bugger for joint and other problems and right now both knees are more than a bit loose..... so certain exercise elements are out of the question. Nothing for it, it is one of those inherited genes..... do the best you can til you can't anymore it seems...

but, I can still force myself to do some core strength training..... so, I do. These are not pushups....it is a static position held for as much time as possible, with considerable thought given to various parts of your anatomy .....












later I'll post the recipe for the muffins... just to sabotage anybody else who is busy exercising...hahahhahahh .....but, really...why can't we still enjoy an occasional muffin ...... then toss the rest in the freezer to save us from ourselves?..... then I pretend they are 'all gone' and Mr. BV takes them in his lunches...

okay...the treadmill is calling my name now..... byeeeeee........

::For those who were curious...here is a description of the pose... it is an old yoga pose...but as always old is new again... because now Pilates people and core training info has snapped it up. Check out the little no-crunch ab exercise video on the sidebar there as well... ...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well this was a fun read as always!! I love the first photo, so tranquil and the muffins, yum!! My how long are you going to hold that pose? LOL!! Good for you on missing only one day!!

Linda Fleming said...

Nice photos! Loved the ones of the light pole and beveled glass- nice effect. Bet you loved that view of the sun when she poked her face out. And kudos to you weather person- spot on, he was!

Just the mention of choclate cherry muffins made my mouth water. I love chocolate and cherry anything.

And look at you! I am impressed. I started doing a few sit ups, trying to get some of my abdominal muscles back.

JudiA said...

Cool photo through the beveled glass! Oh, I hate that plank pose, but it really works the core, doesn't it. Looking good!

MaryO said...

Wow, you get a lot into your posts! I'm lucky to get one or two photos and a few words in between on my blog. But I especially like the lamp and beveled glass photos, and the muffins...oh my!...
I'm really interested in that last pose..the plank pose?...that and whatever other exercises you practice are doing well for you. You look very trim!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Your photos are great! Love the muffins too. Chocolate with cherry the best combination! :) YUMMY
The Plank Pose is that a Yoga pose?
You look very slender, that is great.

Sue said...

I love your posts..they are so much fun to read and your pics are wonderful to view! Yum -
chocolate cherry muffins!

*smiles*

Sue

Serena Lewis said...

A lovely assortment of pics, Vee! Those choc-cherry muffins look delicious! I love the sun pic and I'm impressed with your 'plank' pose. Must try that because I'm useless at push-ups. Congratulations on keeping up with your exercise program. You certainly do look trim ~

sandy said...

Oh I enjoyed reading this and the core training exercises. I'll check that out. Those muffins look great. You must have posted this late because I missed it yesterday.

HElen said...

My hat off to you for all excersizes you are doing...Looking at all of you I probably get motivated...
Love the pictures, the one through the beveled glass is very interesting...and a muffin...oh, so yummy !

Jennifer Rose said...

first time I tried that pose I fell flat on my face lol After doing pilates for a year it was easy but now I would probably fall on my face again lol

Fiona said...

The photos are stunning - what a great idea - I love coming across blogs where people have put photos of where they live - its such an insight to other parts of the world - your house looks gorgeous.