Monday, January 26, 2009

January 26....a photo a day....

Saved some for today . There were plenty on yesterday's post... sometimes too much is just...well, ... too much. Perfume, make-up, jewellery, decor or whatever ... too much of a good thing can totally ruin the presentation. Always leave them wanting more, as they say..... whoever "they" is......

Standing on the trail looking towards the river; all of a sudden the blinding sun flashed between some pine branches... had to try a shot directly into the sun.... it worked well.


























winterscape.....

look up......waaaaaay up....blue sky as far as the eye could see.....













... driving back we circled off highway through a little "hamlet" called Bragg Creek. It says hamlet right there on the sign... That does it...I'm off to Google hamlet versus village, town or whatever else they call a small group of residents. Okay.....I'm back with the straight goods.... :::::according to Wik... A hamlet is (usually) a rural community — that is, a small settlement — which is too small to be considered a village. So, now I know. Anyway...there are a lot of artists and artisans living in this particular hamlet and area.....some of them sell their works in the small shopping center. We hadn't planned to stop there or to shop today, so just carried on with our driving and countryside viewing.
I was hoping for a deer or two...but, today they weren't around...........................










Looks like a snowstorm! hahahha.... didn't notice the speckles on that window til I took a pic with the window up! Little general store....

homeward bound .....











on the drifted side of the road all that was showing was the top few inches of the fence posts...











here's the other side.... and a herd of shredded wheat.....











oh, alright.... they are just jumbo bales of hay...but, I like to call them shredded wheat ..

and, now... your reward for wading through all the snow...











.... mmmmm... Chocolate Cherry Muffins. Hey! if you live close enough, pop over for tea and a "baddie"...if not... give the recipe a try. First time I've actually made chocolate muffins; it certainly won't be the last! these guys are pretty yummy. I even put chocolate icing on a few..... because they are taking the place of somebody's chocolate cake for now. I'll do a cake in a month or so....just because it's still too close to Carrot Cake day....

13 comments:

sandy said...

I would love to visit that hamlet. I like the name hamlet...how did one come up with that? One of my favorite things is visiting artist villages...ooops hamlets..

We have several near the coast where the artisans display their work.

Linda Fleming said...

Love that shot of the sun shining through the trees. and those mouds of hay look like shredded what to me, too. Gosh, I can't remember the last time I ate shredded wheat. Used to be one of my favorite cereals.

Guzzisue said...

hi, would you belive arm still in metal frame/fixator so still sort of handicapped but able to move fingers more. Hopefully next week they will make the decision to take it out and put me in plaster or a splint. Can't wait to start to stitch again properly!!

Carole Burant said...

Love all your pictures from this post and the previous ones...you make winter look quite beautiful! lol I just wish it wasn't so darn cold!! Oh yummmm, those muffins look so good...can I have two please??? I know, I'm a piggy! hehe xoxo

Anonymous said...

Great photo's, love that winterscape one. Yummy on the muffins!!

Veronica TM said...

what a beautiful place and photographs! the hamlet sounds fabulous.
yum, muffins!

JudiA said...

LOL... I didn't know the difference between a hamlet and a village either. It definitely looks like a place I'd like to visit! I have enjoyed your Field Trip so much!

jasminduft said...

Lovely winter photos! I especially like the one with the tall trees.

Cheryl said...

What a great little field trip, sunshine, beautiful scenery and good company, all topped off with chocolate and cherries. Now that is darn near a perfect day. I particularly love those falls, but all the pictures were great...especially with all that beautiful sunshine.

Serena Lewis said...

I enjoyed these photos too....I haven't had shredded wheat for breakfast in years. I used to love it and, yes, the photo does resemble it. lol After seeing your choc/cherry muffins the other day, I had to have me a Cadburys Choc/Cherry Ripe bar....not quite the same but it satisfied my craving. :)

MaryO said...

I enjoyed your "field trip" and the jaunt through the "hamlet", too. And thanks for the muffin recipe! I'll have to try these, chocolate and cherries are my favorite combination!

judy in ky said...

We have a hamlet about ten miles down the road from here. It's called Rabbit Hash. It's an official hamlet, too. Believe me... it is rural and it is tiny! Just a general store and a few houses, at the bend of a road.

Draffin Bears said...

Glad to see the sun shinning and blue sky and before you know it, you will have Summer days again.

Lovely photos Vee.

Hugs
Carolyn