Saturday, January 10, 2009

January 10....a photo a day....











It's a Chinook! Well, probably not the real thing... but, the thermometer jumped from -17C yesterday to a balmy +4C today.... with a beautiful sunny sky and no Chinook-y type clouds. It happens around here a few times in the winter and the drastic fluctuations are not great for the trees and shrubs. Continuous deep cold is less of a reason for loss of trees and shrubs than the huge temperature changes. The weatherman says a week of the same....

The sunshine on the kitchen windows in the morning is lovely, but it also lets me know how grubby the windows are on that side of the house...and silly me...mentioned it this morning. Mr. BumbleVee is actually taking his New Year Resolution seriously and is home today (as compared to working 7 day weeks)... which is a good thing. But... it also means he tends to need something to keep himself occupied. When I mentioned I was going to wash that dirty window...he offered... alright!













But, then...it led to 5 others on the same side...then he went out front.. then I heard him out back. Meantime I felt guilty so decided to wash the insides of the the big front room ones.... that was enough for me...but, he was still at it.. so the bears and I went out to grab a few sunshots...














Now, I'm hurrying to put some pics on here as I am needed to lift saws, heft clamps and re-arrange the d*#* garage.... all of a sudden he thinks we need to park my cargo van inside. Big deal..it's been outside all winter so far.... oops... off to hold up something.... sheeesh....it's already almost 4 p.m. and I haven't washed my hair or done anything with supper.....arrrghhhh.......

I love having my sweetpea home....... honest....I do........ don't get me wrong... it's just that...well, it changes my whole "non-routine"......












14 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at those DARLING bears! Oh, they look so cute in their little sleighs.

Jennifer Rose said...

ah yes a chinook. Freezing one minute and boiling the next. I did like when there was one in the winter but not so much in the summer :/
hmm that reminds me, i need to clean the windows lol

MaryO said...

There are places in my house that only get cleaned when I happen to notice when the sunshine hits them.
Isn't it nice, though, when dear husband helps with the chores?

Cheryl said...

AWWWWWW such sweet bears including the hubby. Yuck on cleaning windows. I have never done that in the middle of winter and mine fold into the house for cleaning. Such a sweetie to do that chore for you.

Anonymous said...

Glad your windows are clean, my could use it but NOT in winter, I know what you mean about a man being home all day, it does change your routine some to the good and some to the bad. The bears are so cute in thier little sleighs in the snow.

Serena Lewis said...

Gorgeous bear pics, Vee! How nice that hubby offered to clean the windows for you though I do understand what you mean about losing your own routine time. The coldest temperature we get here in winter is around 6ÂșC but I do remember Wyoming winters very well. :)

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I did windows too, but I think I got the better deal of it, it was almost 80 degrees! Love the pictures of the bears, their bright little eyes are so darling.

Draffin Bears said...

Aren't you the lucky one having Mr. Bumblvee cleaning your windows - lucky lucky!

Love your photos of your little bears out playing in the snow and having sleigh rides.

Hugs
Carolyn

JudiA said...

What a guy -- do you rent him out?? I think he is like my man... they don't feel right if they aren't busy. Those bears are so sweet!

HElen said...

You are having heat waves :)

Love your wonderful bears and they pictures taken in a snow and sleights - just added charm to them!

Anonymous said...

Love your bears in the snow... very cute.

Linda Fleming said...

I hate cleaning windows- can Mr. Vee come do mine?
Your Bears are so adorable and they are even cuter posed in the snow.

Mike Fleming said...

Your bear shots look great in the snow.

sandy said...

Love those bears. and great to get windows washed isn't it. That's something I really need to get my husband busy with....