Friday, January 30, 2009

January 30....a photo a day....















Olde Dame Penniwig offers some interesting pics and graphics at her blog.... check 'em out and borrow a few ..









I don't know about genius, but perhaps a bit of creativity would be good ....














this is my own effort from waaaay back to encourage myself ... so far back and so many blogs ago I forget what for... but, it seems appropriate...

....seeing as the only thing I am creating...and the only thing I even feel like creating these days, is food. Yup... here I am sweating and hopping and eating well. Ratatouille for supper...











...and fresh bread....












I love food. Good food. And, I don't do diets... learned a long time ago they don't work.. plus, as somebody said eons ago... it sounds like die with a "t" at the end. Instead, I just reduce portions and try to eat better yet. Eating at home and making or baking your own let's you control exactly what goes into what.

Well, as you can see I ain't goin' anywhere outside today....too busy creating. Creating havoc in the kitchen...and a huge mess. Where's a little robot or servant when I need one? It would be so much more fun to cook and bake if some plongeur tidied behind me.

I still want to try a blueberry recipe today for Diana and the group...but, it is exercise time already.... might not get around to that one..... still trying to juggle those balls..











I feel like I should be in a 12 step program...

"Hello, my name is Veronica and I am a Procrastinator".

Okay, this is embarrassing... from when? ..acckkkk!! Poor little Gerber.... could do with a pit of TLC and several well placed stitches.... ... and look ...a bunch of other bear bits... just hanging about... waiting....

and...okay...that does it..I'm off to do some weights...

5 comments:

Linda Fleming said...

Awwww.. Poor Gerber looks like he is having back surgery. Slipped disc?

Your bread photos always make my mouth water. Your home must smell so good with all the baking you do.

Love the inspirational collage, but I'm not sure about the quote saying winter is the spring of genius-LOL!

Anonymous said...

I don't care for the winter sign either,LOL!! Gees that bread looks marvelous and I know it smells marvelous, now if I could only taste it, I will have to settle for my imagination I guess.

Draffin Bears said...

Love your inspirational motivator and it must be working because you are still doing weights and working out and taking a photo a day and lots more. Good work.

Also your bread always looks so great - makes me feel hungry just looking at it.

Good luck with little Gerber and all the other little bear pieces you have waiting to be sewen up.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Carolyn

Serena Lewis said...

I think you proved the winter quote right as you have managed to be creative with the photo-a-day challenge. I will miss your daily photos. Your supper sure looks yummy!

Poor, little Gerber....Aaron has a large, stuffed bed dog that has a split in his side with the innards popping out. I keep saying I'm going to sew that up tomorrow but 'tomorrow' never seems to come. lol

I so agree about the diet thing. It may work in the short term but people rarely stick to diets long term.

sandy said...

Delightful post!...and at least you are doing something good for yourself. Diets...for me, the only thing I tried once was just watching fat grams and keeping them down to a certain level, it worked. I lost weight not long ago due to stress, that's another good way...unless you eat more when you are stressed.

enjoyed all the photos and your post.