Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 11.... a photo a day....

The day whizzed past and I hardly poked my nose out.... "Boxing Day" was today...literally. The Christmas decorations and trees needed new boxes and those boxes, as well as the rest of the storage space, needed re-arranging. That's how the first week in January usually disappears. During the year things get moved or left closer to the doorway..or whatever. It definitely needs a face lift once a year.

Didn't get it all done yet though.... I am doing a purge and still have several fairly good sized things that are going out the door. I found a "scavenger" that lives a few blocks away... well, he does home repairs... he's not really a scavenger, but of course, does collect anything useable to defray expenses. I, on the other hand, tend to save things that I feel are useful...so he is going to get a few of those... and I will have more space. Yaaaayyyy .... and goodbye old boxes of tiles, pot lights and cannisters, insulation....etc.......................................














hanging around on the back of the van....














geeeeez.... by the time I got out to look for anything to photo.... the sun was disappearing behind the neighbouring rooftops....

Oh, well... I'm happy with the start I made on things....tomorrow... hopefully will see a new look to the boxes and crates in there.....

Well, I was going to show you my little lid and my glass vase that I broke too... but, nothing happens when I plug in the USB cord... what now? ...hmmmm... I'll look at it tomorrow and try to figure it out.... off to bed....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that is a lovely shot of the sunset, I am glad you caught it. I have ice like that on my truck too!!

Jennifer Rose said...

thats a very nice shot of the sun setting and thats a dangerous looking icicle on the back of the van. If that was hanging off the house it could kill someone :/

Serena Lewis said...

Nice pics, Vee...I like the one of the sun setting behind the rooftops.

Good for you clearing some clutter....it's amazing how fast clutter builds up. I did some major clutter-clearing in November and it already seems like it's starting to build back up again. I think it's great that you are passing some things onto your 'scavenger' friend/neighbour...a win/win situation for both of you. :)

Btw, you are my new hero, after reading your comment on how you handle kids who leave their things lying around the house. I'll bet they would certainly think twice before doing it again. lol

HElen said...

What a cool and funny first photo!

Sunset shot is very nice!

Linda Fleming said...

Soubnds like you got a lot accomplished! I took the day off and read a book- well, I did get a couple loads of laundry done, but that was it.

Good thing you don't spend time laying under your van-LOL! I have heard of people getting stabbed by icicles falling from buildings.

I like that photo of the sun disappearing- one last burst of sun peeking over the house before calling it a day.

MaryO said...

Boxing...that's just what's needed at my house! Good for you, getting it done!
That's a wicked looking icicle......

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Hope yor USB thingy starts to werk.

Ar yu doin a foto a day like Phytheas's mummy did larst yeer? Her nayme is Chalky and her blog is heer-

http://chalkhillscollective.wordpress.com/

JudiA said...

Congratulations on the de-cluttering! I know how hard a job that can be. Icicles always seem a little magical to me -- I love it when they grow in such unexpected places.

Mike Fleming said...

Very nice sunset shot. And yes the white pelicans we see here migrate from Canada.

Louise said...

My loft was treated to a quick tidy when I put the Christmas decorations away. I managed to find a few bits for charity. Tell me, how does it get in such a pickle in the first place? x

sandy said...

You're doing what I need to do, ..well I have somewhat started cleaning things out. You've reminded me to continue, yeah!!

I must clean out and organize...