Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 4.... photo a day..











I'm late in the day...but, I'm here guys!!

Late last night I was looking out my kitchen window and thought how beautiful these lights were on the hedge across the street... but, had to wait til tonight to give it a try. I don't really like the new LED lights... too dark and ...well, ...the colours just seem odd to me. I love these old fashioned, beautiful, soft lights.










I don't really know that much about my little camera. I'm pretty lazy about some things. I haven't even used all the settings .... but, figured I would try the "candle" mode and the "twilight" mode... so took a few with each. They both look good to me and honestly, only a slight difference in the overall effect. The twilight mode gave an overall purplish tinge...the other made things a bit ...warmer looking.. (if that's possible with snow scenes.) Lovely colours against the ice cream-y mounds of snow.

I was a bit embarrassed to stay too long (and my fingers were freezing anyway!) ... the lady was looking out her window... then she called her son to come and look... and there I was in her driveway with my tripod and camera.... Maybe I'll call her tomorrow to tell her what I am doing ..... .... so I have more time and don't feel silly trying for different or better angles.....











Twilight mode...











Candle mode.....

Speaking of "modes" .... seems to me that I'm more in Christmas mode now than I was on Christmas day .....so, if Linda was the Christmas slug...then I was definitely the Christmas sloth. I'm just a bit slow. Today we enjoyed a visit with some friends we haven't seen for months. I took a little basket of biscotti, shortbread and tropical fruit loaves.... if you'd like to try some, all recipes except the tropical loaf are available on my Tea and Scones blog (I'll get it up later tonight if I can).... and she made some great nibblies to snack on... .....

okay... off to do the treadmill..... I'm on a roll; this is day number 4 of more than the photo fun. This is also day 4 of my new workout plan. By month end, this sloth better be more otter-like.... you know... ... more sleek!

13 comments:

MaryO said...

I especially like the "twilight" and "candle" modes. I MUST try doing these things with my camera.

Unknown said...

Oh, the twilight mode is lovely! I wonder if my camera has that. I'm anxiously waiting to hear the story of what happens when you tell the neighbor lady about what you were doing taking photos of her hedge. LOL! She'll probably worry about it all night, LOL!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Those lights are beautiful on the snow...wow! Hope you had a good weekend. :)

Draffin Bears said...

I am enjoying your photos ~ love the lights on the snow and the snow angel and bunny tracks.

Good luck with the rest of your snaps and do remember to dress up in warm gear out in all that snow.

Hugs
Carolyn

Linda Fleming said...

Beautiful photos, Vee! Love the lights against the snow. What a funny story about setting up your tripod in the neighbors' driveway and them watching out the window- hee hee! I'd just let them wonder what you were doing ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the second photo down whichever setting that was, very soft looking, funny story about the tripod and goood luck with the treadmill thing.

Serena Lewis said...

I can't pick a favourite as they're all so pretty...great job! I had a giggle at you setting up your tripod in the neighbour's driveway. I was only saying to Brad today that I want to buy either a Yoga or Tai Chi DVD for us both to work-out to each day. I'm so not a fan of exercise but I figure I can handle some yoga or tai chi ~ :)

Barbara said...

Your pictures of the ice cream cone are really nice, and you were right in your explanation on this as far as looking like ice cream. It really does.

HElen said...

Like how the snow reflecting, absorbing the colors from the lights, very nice photos!

sandy said...

I really like those photos!! It finally puts me in a christmas mood too. Not really, nothing could. But they are sure nice and I had to laugh about your neighbor seeing you out with a tripod and camera in the dark..haha

Cheryl said...

I like them all, looks so magical. Your bread pictures make me hungry(which doesn't help with my resolutions) and I feel sorry for you and the tree.

Bear said...

your neighbours lights are so pretty and the snow kinda grabs it all in and reflects it out so prettily. Amazing all that snow absolutely amazing and you out in it late at night to get these fabulous pics
love you n hugs bear xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Great photo's! Great blog(s)! Great recipe's! Fantastic bears and dolls! Great inspiration!
Gloria