Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 15....a photo a day....

Entertaining me is easy.... I love the little things in life. Like this...

The yard is full of bunny trails...and it's nowhere near Easter....














At night if there is a moon... it lights up the yard and I can see them from the bedroom window when they move. If they sit still...just another lump of snow...
Up one side of the hedge and down the other they go...right next to the neighbour's house on one side....and down our sidewalk on the other.














Out front... they made a trail straight through the deep stuff to get under the tree...... their whole body sinks right down into it on every jump... it's more a body trail.
















Here is another "little" but wonderful thing.... fresh homemade Tuscan Peasant Bread. One of today's loaves has the added flavour of dried apricots and cranberries ... the other, sun dried tomatoes, basil and black olives. It's fun to experiment with new additions.











... and it just tastes that much better with a little smear of real butter....
mmmmmmmmmmmmm














Even this is a little thing that makes me happy... a shiny clean butter dish filled with fresh yellow butter...... silly the little things that give us pleasure some days isn't it?

10 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

I love the bunny trails through the snow...I hope they fare okay in the winter.

The homemade bread looks delicious...I LOVE dried apricots! YUM!

Serena Lewis said...

OMG, I just noticed you have a cooking blog too...YUMMO!!! Thanks for all the delicious looking recipes ~ :)

Sue said...

What a lovely, uplifting post. Thank you so much for sharing these photos and bits of gratitude.
Now, like Serena, I didn't know about the cooking blog, so I'm off to explore.

Anonymous said...

Oh man...that bread looks so darn good! Both the combos sound delish! And with the fresh butter? Be still my heart!

me said...

Hello...this is Alex...I changed blogs..shhh..Hope you will follow me on this one. I love the snow pictures and bunny trails. How cute! Hope you have a great Friday! Cold or not! :)

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

What interesting pictures of those bunny trails. I wonder if they huddle together under that big tree?

The bread looks delicious.

Linda Fleming said...

Love the bunny trails! I've always loved rabbits and used to have a lop earred bunny that lived in the house and was litter trained. Such a sweet little girl, she was.

You are so right- it is the little things that bring us the most joy. Such a shame that so many people get fixated on the things that makes them unhappy and they completely miss the wonderful little things that are all around them.

Anonymous said...

Great photo's and what a great philosophy... I too enjoy the little things. I love the tree with all that snow. I'm really enjoying the snow shots. PS: I'm caught up with my photos.

Jennifer Rose said...

"Here comes Peter Cottontail
Hoppin' down the bunny trail,
Hippity hoppity"

I've got it stuck in my head now lol

sandy said...

wow, love that bread!!! And fun seeing the tracks. But the snow...burr..