Sunday, January 18, 2009

January 18....a photo a day....

ahhhhhh love that sun....... feels soooo good......














what? ... I'm melting?... uh, oh..... too much of a good thing.














.... by the time he got to this size and shape, he reminded me of Snoopy... and it was only noon. I couldn't watch. Mr. BV called out to me that his head fell off about two hours later... I couldn't make myself look.... he was pretty cute while he lasted... and fun to see through the window...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last year at this time I was in about the same mode. Lots of cleaning and re-arranging taking place. I think it must be a New Year thing as I am reading the same on a lot of blogs. Not a bad way to begin each year. Carolyn mentioned that it makes us feel almost smug to accomplish our little projects... especially the cleaning and re-organizing ones.... how true! It feels great.

Now... it feels like the perfect time to move on to something else.... not sure what just yet....but, something......

We had such a balmy day today... it got up to +14 C.... which is like some of our summery days.... it was great. Same again for tomorrow.... love it. By Friday it will be back to minus numbers... but, what the hey ... it's still winter for a few more months here so it will be back to normal for us.

Both of us and some neighbours celebrate birthdays within a month of each other so we had a night of nibblies. I made quesadillas... they were yummy













... we had some wine...... and .... cake. Oh, yeh...the best carrot cake ever. Our little birthday tradition... hunnybunny bakes mine...and then I bake his.











Yum!! I choose carrot because it's my fav....with real cream cheese icing.... and his is always chocolate. Sometimes the second cake doesn't get baked for several months, because hard on the heels of all the Christmas "goodies".... it just seems to be too much. Besides.... along with all the cleaning and re-organizing....I am now on my 18th day of working out and trying to get in shape for golf season.

This photo a day challenge has been doing double duty. Somehow I have managed to combine it in my head with my plan to get back to a daily workout routine. It's working. Well, not actually working wonders yet in the "noticing anything drastic in changes to my body" department, but, my strength is definitely increasing... a few pounds of softness have exchanged places with some muscle.... little things. But... I'm happy that it actually seems to work as a reminder to do some exercise. Having the challenge just be simple enough to use as a daily inspiration is great. A photo a day.. with or without words... perfect. Takes off the pressure at a time of year when lots of folks need some time to get "stuff" in order and can't find extra time to actually dream up blog entries.... or even want to try... Linda dreamed up the perfect way to ease into the new year.

14 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

OH dear, your poor little snow bear.... he does indeed resemble Snoopy in that pic. i almost shuddered at the thought of him losing his head.

YUM on the carrot cake and CONGRATULATIONS on noticing visible differences due to your exercise routine. Well done, Vee!

Wonderful pics, as always ~ :)

Unknown said...

LOL! You are so funny..."I couldn't watch". Poor little snowbear. Well, he is going to a good place, not to worry. Hope you have a fabulous monday! :)

MaryO said...

Would love to have been there for your birthday celebration. I love quesadillas but never make them.
Poor bear, I guess it was just his time.

Linda Fleming said...

Oh no, our little bear is gone? I loved that snow bear :(

What a yummy looking b'day! I hope you have a marevelous b'day and that your next trip around the sun is full of new adventures, good health, boundless creativity, and lots of love.

I'm so glad you are enjoying the challenge.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Frosty the Snowbear will now melt down and nourish the roots of the plants and you will see him again in summer, in the form of a flower!

I always enjoy your pictures and remarks. The cake looks scrumptious!

Carole Burant said...

When is your birthday???? I need to know these things, ya know! lol

Awwww, poor little snow bear...how lucky you are, though, to be having such nice weather right now. We're at -15c as I type this, at least it's not the -40c we had been having! Sheesh!

Good for you for being determined to keep exercising and lose weight! xoxo

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Happy birthday Vee! That cake looks yummy! Sounds like you've made a good start to the year, exercise and sorting stuff out - i'm impressed!

HElen said...

Happy birthday and best wishes!
All this food looks so yummy yumm!

Jennifer Rose said...

oh poor bear! You should make another one when the snow comes back :)

Anonymous said...

Poor little bear but he'll be back again someday {: Happy birthday and everything looks delicious and good going on the exercise!!

Draffin Bears said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday Vee!
That carrot cake looks absolutely divine - has to be a favourite of mine too. I have a receipe and in the cream cheese icing you add some crushed pineapple (this is yum if you like pineapple.

Love your little snow bear.
thanks for mentioning me in your blog.

Hugs
Carolyn

sandy said...

I enjoyed the whole post and especially the food photos!!! that cake looks so great. January for me is usually a quiet month so this did seem the perfect solution..photo a day... but sometimes it's a challenge.

JudiA said...

I need to learn to style food photos like that -- I could reach right through my monitor for a piece of that carrot cake! Poor snow bear... I'm glad your weather has moderated though.

BumbleVee said...

hey everybody.... I wasn't fishing for birthday wishes,honest... lol.. more just mentioning 4 of us having them in the same month because it is kind of strange... ..... but, I do want to say thanks for all my good wishes and congrats. from all of you...