Friday, May 11, 2007


Today was a beautiful day and I actually am walking a bit better today... hope I am not imagining it..... perhaps a tiny pin prick of light waaay in the distance ....

I wandered outside ... and found these. I am sure they are a daffodil of sorts..but planted them years ago and can't exactly remember the package. They are truly this pale peachy colour... hardly a "daffy" yellow...

The other blossoms are Nanking Cherry... what a shame they only last about a week. There is usually a fair bit of wind at this time of year and soon they will be like so many pink snowflakes swirling in the gusts. It is early yet for our gardening season... the lilacs are just sprouting a few green buds... the Daphnes as well, on the old dead looking stems with brown leaves still stubbornly clinging to them. Looks strange with pale dry browns and vivid new greens.... The dandelions look great! Some of the creeping 'worts and othere tiny perennials are showing some bright colours as well, and my Wendy's Weeds as I call them will be blooming soon. They are actually Snowdrop Anemones, but a girl named Wendy gave me my first few plants and I have called them that ever since the spring following their planting....... because...like weeds .... they were taking over! Every year I have to pluck many ... I like to give them to friends too.... lol. Well, they are actually good ground cover for hard-to-grow areas and I think they do some soil conditioning as well. The soil is always soft and dark when I pull them out of an area.

It will still be several weeks until we plant our pots in this neck of the woods... usually after the May long weekend. As a matter of fact, that particular weekend is the first of the camping weekends and is notorious for snow, sleet..wind..hail.. the full gamut.... so we wait..... and laugh at the people we know who went "camping" at the beginning of the season. They leave on Friday night and usually come home by Saturday afternoon. A perfect weekend to stay at home and snuggle by the fireplace with steaming hot mugs of something!

No comments: