Wednesday, March 26, 2014

........................still snowing................

...................so ....................I'm still playing.....





















Made this face shorter and rounder and placed the nose, lips, and eyes closer to the centre of the face to have her appear younger .....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also had a play in the kitchen...with some leftover strawberries from the last batch of Mr. BV's lunch muffins I made.  Last time I was at Safeway, I saw strawberry/white chocolate scones and now...I wanted to try them.  But, the tv was on blaring away the news... all bad...and I wasn't concentrating I guess (on scones that is...) .... so, all of a sudden I realized I hadn't added the sugar to the flour.... rectified it....but, then...just as I popped them in the oven... saw the egg still sitting on the counter... dammit..... and further insult... what the? ...there sat the white chocolate square as well... still wrapped.  Sheeeesh!!!

And, then... even worse, for me ... (not for Mr. BV ) ..he loves overcooked baking.... I turned off the oven while I stirred some soup and began toasting big slabs of home made bread to eat with it...I forgot the scones!   After all that...I can't believe they were even edible...but, they are ...and very tasty too, I might add... even without an egg... how is it possible?  Guess I can bake them that way if I want next time I'm out of eggs....hahahahhaha....less cholesterol!  Bonus.

Look at this crumb... still great...
















I prefer them a bit lighter than this ..

'specially on the bottom.... but, ehh..... they're okay....
















And, I bet some of you noticed.... white chocolate drizzled on top... I was not going to do without that after I wanted it inside them in the first place.... so, I popped the square in a baggy..... put it in a bowl and poured boiling water on top of it... melted the white square and snipped off a corner of the baggy...and drizzled it on instead.  Lovely....
















..... plus... had some ginger/apricot biscotti that I just baked the other day and thought I'd give the last bit a try on a few of those as well... haven't had one dipped in my tea yet....just off to do that now...
wanna join me? ... ....

















... and, then?? ...I better do about 40 minutes on the treadmill !!!!





7 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Yes, Yes, Yes, I want to join you. they look yummy.. what a great imaginative baker you are. You make me want to run down to the kitchen and mix something up.
Sorry about all the snow. I don't know what's going on with all that.. John says the "people with the power" are spraying stuff in the atmosphere and trying to alter the weather.. I think it is back-firing.
... now I have to go make something yummy!!

BeadedTail said...

You are very talented! That drawing in wonderful! The scones look pretty darn yummy too!

Judi W. said...

it all looks good!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Cool. I can't believe that you are still having snow. Well I would have if I was sitting in uk but I am not so with all this heat I cannot imagine that winter has not left you yet

Anonymous said...

Oh, yum, yum, yum (except for the white chocolate!!)
And an excellent tip for melting the chocolate in a poly bag, which you then use as a piping bag - sheer genius!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It's snowing here too and how I wish I had one of your great-looking (despite the problems!) scones to cheer me up.

Susan said...

It does make the face look younger doing it that way!
Ha ha, oh I shouldn't laugh, but your experience with the scones - I can just feel your exasperation.
Leaving the egg out is how we make Damper and cook it in a camp (cast iron lidded pot) over the campfire. Sliced with lots of butter and honey - yum :D)