Monday, April 2, 2012

Sunny Monday..

Didn't have too much opportunity to work on little goosie over the weekend.... and just got kind of tired of stabbing away on her beak and not getting it quite perfect.  It has to be pretty darn perfect to even come close to a Gretel goose... so, for a change of pace, I made her a little collar instead, and stitched on some pearls that she sent me.  Hard to tell in the photo...but, they are different colours... pastel greens, one almost pinkish and some white... I liked that they had big enough holes to accept a needle.

Now... she is definitely a she....















The eye is just a test eye at the moment (they are various sized beads on pins and I love them ..use them all the time with the bears)  to give me an idea of placement ... and later in the day...I did get around to more stabbing on her beak....and got it a better shape and looking more how I want it....















She's coming right along.  Guess I'll move on to wings next....  and then ...those big feet.  They will definitely be a challenge.  Can you see the absolute sharp edge on them?  Not easy on wool.

Stay tuned.....

4 comments:

Dolores said...

She's coming along quite nicely.

Jennifer Rose said...

she is looking great :D

Mary Ann Tate said...

I think she looks fabulous:)

Gretel said...

Looking good Vee! BTW, I use wire for my legs and feet, makes it easier for my geese to sit. :)