Friday, August 21, 2009

almos5t..whoops...almost wordless Friday...

It's weird typing on my knees, sitting on the floor...craning my neck to watch the screen and stretching my arm to move the mouse..lots of wrong letters pop up.... and I keep forgetting where the delete key is for some reason... just weird....

so...this is my office desk now....










too big and heavy to get back out of the basement area now that our steps are finished hardwood. It took 5 men to get it down there..sort of sliding it on the old linoleum...many years ago.... BR.... "Before Renovations" ..











Even the top (which looks so much smaller in this pic that in real life..) ..was too darn heavy to lift...so we cut it in half. It took hours to dismantle the thing into manageable size pieces. They don't build 'em like they used to anymore.... I could take any desk these days and give it two good whacks and it would fall apart... this took a lot of unscrewing and plenty of pounding....































I leave us both with a "pretty"..... which I bought yesterday at the consignment shop...while I was supposed to be trying to get rid of a crystal coffee table.... that has been sitting in the exercise room or any other room for too many years to count. Nowhere to use it seeing as we have two other coffee tables...and the style never did suit our decor anyway...it was a table that we ended up with in exchange for a big deposit lost by Mr. BumbleVee's dad in a furniture store bankruptcy....long story made much shorter....

So, our morning was spent going to the smelly old dump...paying $36 to get rid of the desk and other rubbish...and now..we are setting up to paint...before calling the movers and the carpet layers...and the phone guys..cuz all of a sudden it isn't working either.....

7 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

I'm sure one small push and hubbys desk would fall apart, which is a bad thing considering how much weight is on it lol going to be woken up one night by a loud crash :p

love your fireplace :D

Silke Powers said...

Oh, that sounds like so much work! But it's almost fun, isn't it, when you think how great it's all going to look when it's finished!! Glad you had time to find some pretties...:) Silke

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Vee,

Sounds like it is all go at your place.
I know what you are saying about big old heavy desks. I would not like to have to move mine in a hurry.

I love your new China and your fireplace.

Hugs
Carolyn

Abi said...

Busy Bee!

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Hullo!

Yes, Mummy had a compewter desk for abowt 2 yeers befor it fell to bits. Then she just got a big taybol. THat's better.

Our coffee taybol is big an skware an chunky. It haz tiles set into the top. It's hewge an comes from Denmark. We bort it very cheaply. The tiles ar ownly in the middol ov the top, thare is wood all rownd. I like to help pollish it by sittin wiv a duster wrapt rownd my bottom an goin wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's fun. I go rownd an rownd an the mor pollishy it gets the farster I go.

:@}

JudiA said...

What a big job - I bet it feels good to have it over with though. The sugar and creamer are just gorgeous - they look hand painted. Are they?? Nice find!

Linda Fleming said...

I hope you have set your ocmputer up somewhere more comfortable by now. That's a dedicated blogger to sit on the floor to blog! LOL!