Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sit tight for just a few minutes more Henry.....














So... who wants to play fetch? Anybody? Come on... toss me this old stick, okay?













No?... but,....it'll be fun. You'll see.... come on... let's go outside and play....













Now?... can we go outside now? ..puhleeeeeez...

Okay.... well, when?













Hmmm... maybe it is long enough... ... now he is marching back and forth like a little drum major... waving his stick around... obviously reeeeelly trying for attention ..

This is little Henry..... much like my other tiny creatures...he only reached that magical height of 2 and 1/2 inches seated. A teensy bit taller standing... which he only does to get my attention for something special...like stick chasing. Well...that and food....

He is a needle felted puppy... using some Alpaca Merino mix wool. His nose is embroidered with black Perle cotton and he has black onyx bead eyes.

I began him some time ago... but Bob T. Bear encouraged us to do some crafty thing this past week.... it was the perfect impetus needed to finish off a project... thanks Bob!

15 comments:

smilnsigh said...

Awwww, so cute! Look at that face. Who could resist it? :-))))

Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh blog

Susan said...

adorable Miss Vee ... love the little stick, but then, I am partial to sticks,
xo, S, Winn & Les Chats

Little Blue Violet said...

This little pup could not be any sweeter! Makes me want to reach out and pat his head and kiss his nose. Adorable! smiles,
DarLy*~
ps..laughed my butt off t your comment about my hedgehog!

Carole Burant said...

Such a darling puppy:-) You always amaze me with the tiny creatures you make, the details are so perfect!! Just hope he doesn't run under your feet or he'll get smooshed! lol

Finally catching up on your news...this afternoon I've been doing nothing but visiting blogs and catching up with everybody:-)

Your laundry room is looking so spiffy! I know how much work it is to renovate but oh, isn't it so worth it once you're done?!! Good for you on figuring out how to use the new washer! lol They've sure come a long way from the wringer washers! hehe xoxo

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Henry is such a sweetie!
I just love him!
Becky

Gina said...

Oh my what a cutie! I bet he brings it back too.. not like my silly dog :) Gx

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Henry is gorgeous! and I bet he doesn't cost much to feed either!

this is my patch said...

I really like Henry the Hound, and he plays fetch, what a clever boy! x

All Bear by Paula said...

Cute little chap Vee! You have my admiration ... any time I attempt to needlefelt I come out bandaged!

Vee said...

Adorable little guy! Gee, I can really see your illustrating children's stories with your own creations...you have a talent for the story, too!

Pauline said...

Beautiful little lad, you really are talented.

smilnsigh said...

Re: THE Wedding... Tee,hee,hee... I did see "something" coming. And agree, the black flowered shirt was not right for the occasion. But ya' know, our Vee is kind of *sneaky*! Now I wonder if she threw-that-in, to throw us off the trail! ,-)

She just might have. She's such a tease, with the bits of info she hands out. I'm not talking behind her back, here. I've told her thus! In fact, I've gotten *pissy* at her, about how she gives us a tidbit, about her life.... and then goes dry on the subject... before.

But as I have {finally!!!} come to accept, 'tis her life and she can be as open or shut about it, as she wishes. {Yes, I said this to her too -smile- Not that she needed my permission}

Anyway, now we can stop worrying about her losing her home, due to that {may I say, that ^&*(*&&^%} sister of hers. Moving in, them doing house renovations, then moving out. Yish... I just hate what I perceive as unfairness. :-(

Anyway, we all wish Vee and her 'Gentle Man,' many years of happy contentment. Betcha' 'Henry The Hound Dog' clapped, when he heard the news!!!

Hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci

Susan said...

Oh that pup is so adorable! I'm glad that in spite of house reno and stubborn washers you had some time to just create..both breads and puppy!

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Oooo I think he's grayte!!! Wa-heyy!!!

Stardust said...

So here you are, Henry! HUGS... I think your maker is amazing!! =D