Friday, May 24, 2013

flying over the ocean...


Oh, no, sorry...didn't mean me..... no... I mean this little guy ...  he flew in yesterday from the UK .....  well, actually not he himself...but, this great photo of him..... thanks Helena...he's great.  Could be some inspiration to make a little needle felted one again....















 That's two days in a row for something sent by Royal Mail... oooh... it sounds so posh doesn't it?  So much more interesting than Canada Post ...  hahahhah

Bob T Bear (Esq.)'s "sekritry" sent it to me....  she said it reminded her of my little bears.... how sweet is that?  She has one of the bears because she participated in a Pay it Forward I had a few years ago.....
The one in the middle went to live with her...





























They are all pretty tiny ... measuring only about 2 to 2 1/5  inches, max.  ... although this gal looks pretty large compared to her little bobbin in comparison ... maybe these are smaller bobbins... or maybe that little guy is reeeellly teeny...who knows for sure.... how do people knit things that tiny anyway?

I don't knit or crochet... don't even know which it is ...but, maybe I could make up a little needle felted doggie shape from my puffs of wool that could be similar.  That would be after my quest to make a small wrapping cloth...and then a pin pillow(cushion) and also a little, ah.... uhm.... 'a thing' ...  for 'somebody' .... and well, by then I will be taking another stitchery class I think.....hmmmmm... anybody have a few weeks for sale??   anybody?


Just remembered....I did one time make a little doggie ....  his name is Henry....the hound dog..... he is hoping someone will play fetch... look, he even has his own stick....



















 "Please"? ... "anyone wanna play fetch with me"?




















Check out Annie's blog for some other Friday Smiles...

11 comments:

Angie said...

Those bears and the doggy are brilliant ...hard to believe they are so small. Thanks for dropping by my place.xx

Terra said...

This post is full of adorableness, all the sweet bears and the hound dog too.

Annie said...

You have so many smiles to share today. I love your new teddy and Henry is just gorgeous. Who wouldn't want to ay fetch with him all day :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Carol said...

Gorgeous bears, such beautiful work. Henry is very cute.
Thank you for the smiles and for visiting.
Carol xx

Laura said...

Seriously cute dog :)

Judi W. said...

with those ears he COULD have flown over the ocean! very cute!

Gwen Buchanan said...

I know 4 dogs that would love to play fetch with your doggie... but I'm afraid they would use the doggie to play fetch with... they are a bad bunch!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Vee,
Oh, I love that little dog "Henry!" ..I will be more than happy to play fetch with him! LOL
Send him my way and he can play with my little Merlin! He would love a playmate.
Love the little bear you sent as a gift for the pay It forward!
Hugs and hope you are doing well.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

The Royal Mail does sound so much better than Canada Post. Very adorable giftie indeed!

Shashi Nayagam said...

This little trio reminds me of mine he is sitting there every day on the table and watching what I do with his little doggie friend Choc.
I love this little doggie too and I bet he would love to come over and play with Choc any day.

Beedeebabee said...

There's just so much cuteness here! I love everything you create, Vee, and the photo of that little guy Helena sent you is precious as well! xo