Thursday, May 16, 2013

delicate stitchery ...

I'm taking a class with Karen Ruane.... learning about embroidery and embellishments..... making a little wrapping cloth.

She was making some pin pillows at the same time ... tiny pin cushions... and when they were done she listed them for sale.... lucky me... one of the first to check out the site and managed to get one.... it arrived today and I get to see first hand her fine needlework.















The biggest surprise to me...??  how tiny it all is.  The stitches ...so miniature ... Lilliputian really by comparison to mine, and also to what I thought they were in all the photos.... just amazing to see in person.  Perhaps on some of her larger blocks they are a bit bigger ...but, all of sudden I am having second thoughts about size of stitching...and size of pieces of fabric in blocks etc....















Look at the delicate lace and teensy stitches....















Hey Karen, if you stop by my blog...thanks so much for my lovely little pin pillow.... now I'm more keen than ever to make one of my own.... let's see.... where can I find the tiniest bits of dainty lace and trims..... much tinier than I have around here ..... the search is on!



7 comments:

Twiglet said...

Truly beautiful and as you say inspirational. You can do it - go on - give it a go! I am just going to search my lace/scrap box for tiny lace designs. x Jo

Judys Lace Creations said...

What a sweet little project.I love working small!

Shashi Nayagam said...

It is lovely

deanna7trees said...

so beautiful.

Lin said...

Wowee! I guess you just have to work and work to get your stitches that tiny. It comes with practice...you can do it!

Beedeebabee said...

I love tiny details too. This is so delicate...so lovely! xo

karen said...

you are welcome!!! please don't change how you stitch, big is good too. If big is you then be yourself it will be amazing!