Friday, February 3, 2012

Day after Groundhog day..

I didn't see any groundhogs yesterday, and actually...didn't even hear about or read about what the famous ones had to say regarding how much longer our "winter" will be.  Who cares?  La la la la la ...... We have been so lucky with our phenomenal weather...I don't dare even think about it becoming winter at this point.... we have been totally lulled into some kind of trance .... with sunny days..plus temperatures...and great driving conditions. In Canada..in the winter!  Unbelievable!

Besides...I was busy admiring Gretel's goosie... on groundhog day... and trying to get a decent photo for my show and tell.  Each month of my beautiful calendar from her has a different little Middle of Nowhere creation.
This guy... yikes! sorry Snowdrop....this girl!! sorry Gretel... the diamante collar should have definitely given that away! ..it's me old eyes! .....  makes me want to get out my barbed needles...and start stabbing!  I want to create one too....or ...well,  ...I doubt I can do one quite this lovely....but, you know...something even remotely resembling Snowdrop would be great...















If I get going on her soon ...she will be done by about ...oh,.... say.... summertime?

7 comments:

Gretel said...

Good luck! SHE (♥) is about six inches tall, sitting, and there is only wire in her legs and feet, so the neck is entirely dry felted. I'd take about a week of working a few hours a day on her. If you need any extra tips, you know where to find me - I'll be so interested to see how you do, I'm sure she'll come out well (though the scalloping round the top of her legs is tricky). Don't overdo it with the arm though!

Serena Lewis said...

Snowdrop is gorgeous! Good luck with creating one yourself.

Enjoy that beautiful weather! xo

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Vee,

So glad to hear that your weather is mild for wintertime.
Snowdrop is lovely and good luck with making yours.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

scrappymo! said...

Thanks for your kid comments on my blog...I do so slow in comparison to her but she is much younger than i and probably has nimbler fingers!!! hahahaha
I didn't realize you are in Canada too. I am going to follow on your cooking blog and forward it to my sister how loves to make soup (as do I)

i am in Surrey, BC and we have the snowdrops in bud and trying to hard to bloom. I was walking in just a shirt and slacks yesterday.

Shashi Nayagam said...

I think you sent your weather to us!

Jennifer Rose said...

finally got snow here, but its been pretty rainy winter :/ but not that cold so can't complain too much

don't do groundhog day here, so does the day still matter? and i always wondered what if one groundhog sees it's shadow and another doesn't?

Twiglet said...

I have left you a blog award - check out my blog!