Thursday, April 8, 2010

He's Mr. Lonely....

Mr. Hoya....who has not grown any long stems before... or even many leaves for that matter....for about 20 years... ever since I put him outside one very hot day....and he got reeeelly "sunburnt"... has decided to put out a long trailing stem...with leaf buds on it.  It was standing straight up from the plant about a foot in the air; seemed to be heading for the overhead light fixture.  But, then I put the tulips on the table near it...and lo and behold....it trailed over to have a look what they were.  Then...it wrapped it's arm around the nearest flower.....















I better find some stakes or something to plant in the Hoya pot.... because the tulips will soon be gone.

One has already lost its petals and was binned..... what's he gonna do for a friend then?.... 
















5 comments:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Funny!

Beedeebabee said...

I think he's in love! xo Paulette

JudiA said...

I've never seen a plant like that - how interesting!

Anonymous said...

Super photos ..... but now I'm thinking 'Day of the Triffids' ....

Martha said...

Yum! I did forget about edible bowls, haven't made them or seen them on a menu anywhere in a while. Yummy salad! Thanks for linking this up for the June Recipe Round Up! :-)