Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wild Bird Wednesday

We call him Mr. Chirpy.  His real name is House Finch.

He has some wonderful chirpy songs.... .... and, is pretty camera shy.  Yes, I know it looks like he is just a show off...but, I only managed to capture these pics through a window with a venetian blind in it.  And, I had to move stealthily because he flew off the second he noticed any movement.  I hardly ever manage to outwit them when I am outside...they check on me from a tall tree across the street... sing at the top of their little lungs and wait til I go in the house....arrrghhhhh!!

((Remember to click on any of the photos to "biggify" them...))













However, I managed to adjust the blind just so for the angle I needed to the birdie bath ....and, after the first few blurry photos and him leaving and then coming back later (of course, I don't know for sure it was the same guy...but, I'm pretending it was) .... I managed to get him having some fun in the birdie bath.

This may not be the same guy...and, was probably several days before the rest of the shots...  ...but, had to show you how cool and collected a "Chirpy' can look... . ..  
                                                               













.... before it becomes this..!!

 Woooohooooo!!















... and, he ends up totally bedraggled and spiky.... ..

















If you would like to see more fun and interesting birds...head on over to
Wild Bird Wednesday by clicking on the photo below...


18 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

How wonderful to be able to 'watch' him having his bath! Thank you for having the patience to get such great photos.

Maria Vaz said...

Fantastic pictures, capturing the bird bathing. Looks like he had lots of fun, be it for a quick dip. :)
xx

A Colorful World said...

I have the same problem trying to get shots of the birds in my yard! If I'm outside, they stay away. If I'm inside, I can't get a good shot through the window! But I have to tell you, the shots you got of the house finch in the bird bath are wonderful!

Twiglet said...

I love watching our birds in the bird bath - they always seem to be really enjoying the event! x Jo

Anonymous said...

He looks like a cross between our sparrows and robins!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Really lovely pictures

Anonymous said...

They are chirpy, I like that about them. The things we do to get bird photos! :) It would be nice if they were a bit more cooperative.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Vee, what an adorable series of chirpy shots.. They're super and you did great.

Breathtaking said...

Adorable captures of the House finch, especially enjoying his bath.I thought it was a baby robin at first, but as I scolled down I realized what it was even in it's bedraggled state.
Cheers!

Linda said...

Great shots! The water gives some of them a mysterious look.

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi Vee, you did so well getting those shots and, wow, those bathing ones aren't they just brilliant!
The small birds are always on alert aren't they (just as well I guess), and it's so rewarding to snap a few goodies - even if it turns you into a window lurker :D) Cheers now xx

Abi said...

Mr. Chirpy. LOL - we were given two rescue horses this week, and I cant name them until I know them a bit better - but at the moment - they are Mr.Skinny, and Mr.Red!

I don't think I have ever seen a House Finch. He is a beauty! I love watching birds in water - they look to be having so much fun and relief!

Dolores said...

I guess we haven't heard from you 'cause you're busy shovelling the white stuff. I'm in Soda Creek and heard about the early snowfall. It's been cold here the past couple of days but it's slowly warming up again.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Vee,
Mr. Chirpy is so cute. I love birds!
Hugs

Sharon Wagner said...

Bird baths are so amusing for us people peepers.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shots.

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Vee! What great photos of Mr. Chirpy enjoying his bath! xo

Karen said...

howdy stranger!! how are you? This little fella certainly seems to be enjoying himself.