Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I like predictability....




















For a few weeks, my oven was still in position upstairs...but... then...last weekend... after I already had scone batter ready to go... the oven didn't work ... so...I tried my tiny toaster oven.


You can see how tiny it is ..., or, maybe you even know how tiny it is because you have one of your very own.... I call it my Easy Bake Oven...cuz honestly, it is so much like the toys of the same name from waaay back....















It did a great job...even if it took three sessions to  get nine scones..hahhahah...  ....  who cares as long as it bakes them nicely?

The BBQ, on the other hand...well, let's just say it's a work in progress to get them evenly toasted..and maybe one try is enough.















The bottoms got totally torched ... ....waaahhh...makes me feel like a novice baker.

And, after the struggle to get batter together in a tiny, unorganized and disorganized makeshift kitchen....naah....don't think I'll bother again.   I'll stick to the toaster oven.....
















3 comments:

Maria Vaz said...

Hey Vee, those little ovens really work!!! Your scones look yummy! The muffins, well ... you can probably eat the tops only ... Don't they sell muffin tops only, in stores? Nice miniature kitchen! ;-) as long as you can make do, that will work. Do you do a lot of eating out? Hugs.

Twiglet said...

I think you are brave to even try without a proper oven. Mine can turn out a disaster any time!! Hope the alterations are going well. Happy Yorkshire Day! x Jo

Unknown said...

Ah, excellent! For a while (a couple of years, if memory serves me correctly - though it may have just SEEMED that long; probably more like 1 year plus a few months...) I lived in a place that didn't have an oven. Didn't have one. Had a stovetop with a cupboard beneath it. I don't know what I was thinking. I had two toaster ovens and I made bread, pastries, all kinds of great things in them. AND I decided I'd never live in another place without an oven. hehe