Tuesday, July 26, 2011

very dark, rainy and windy...

.... so, no golfing today.  Hahahha.... whew, finally a day off to do some housecleaning, laundry and stuff around here.  As you know, I lost two whole months to those damn injured ribs and now...  well, around these parts, there are only two months left of golfing season.  Arrrgghhhhh!!!  What a royal ripoff this year... missed most of it.  Next year I must. be. more. careful.  I want a whole season out there to see if I can improve my game and get more confident.  At the moment (for you golfers) ...my driver is working pretty good... but, my short game has let me down a bit.  Usually I am a pretty darn great putter and my chipping is good too..but, the long rough near the greens has taken its toll with chipping...and for some reason...I am having trouble reading the speed of the greens.  Oh, well...we know the answer.....practice, practice, practice.......

No time to bother with much blogging... it'll hafta wait til October at this rate.  Then, I'll have months to do that and other things that have been neglected.  Golf season is so short.. ... and must be utilized if at all possible.

In between golfing and yard work...I've managed to find a buyer for my motorcycle.... through a burly Harley guy that helped me unload the bike from the van when I had to take it to the dealership to have a throttle cable replace.  Sold our bike ramp too... to the guy that helped unload the bike.  He admired it and we said...it's for sale.  Sold!  ....and now ...we have helmets and other gear to sell and we will have finished with that chapter in our lives.  It was a fun ride....and Greg had fun racing....  til his accident.... but, moving on now that I know I have full blown osteoporosis and could break everything if I get hit or fall off......  my sister is happy that I will be safer on the golf course, I know..... although, with balls flying over trees from some of the long hitters...not always.....as a matter of fact..I might save my helmet and wear it while I'm out whacking balls.

Found this one morning while out watering before I left for a game....

Glistening like so many diamonds in the early morning sun......















I also found this......















..... I don't know exactly what happened here.  I knew the mommy robin was building a great nest...but, really I thought it was too close to the outside edge of the lilac bush.  Then, I didn't see her around for a few days and put my camera up at arms length to take picture inside the nest.  Only one lonely egg..... and now...nothing.  She hasn't come back.  I don't know if they just abandoned it after a particularly bad windstorm...or what.... nature is pretty cruel......

12 comments:

MaryO said...

Aw, something must have happened to mama robin...so sad. Robins build nests in the most vulnerable places sometimes.
Sorry you've missed so much golf this year, but glad your ribs are better. My husband has missed a lot too, thanks partly to the building of the new deck, and partly because it's just been too doggone hot!

Dolores said...

Too bad for the robin egg. Glad to hear you're on the mend. I guess on the whole golf is a much less dangerous sport than motorcycling. Maybe one of your little bear friends can take up golf too - or do they already?

Jennifer Rose said...

lol yeah wearing the helmet while golfing might be a good idea. you never know when someone will get mad and throw the clubs after the balls :p or let go of the club, have seen that happen o.0

Unknown said...

Poor lonely little egg. Something may have happened to mum.
Enjoy the golf and don't worry about the blog, we'll be here when you do post. Take care. Maa

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Vee,

I am imagining YOU with a helmet on the golf course hitting balls! LOL
Yes, you need to practice more when you get better but now with the Osteo, you must be very careful.
I didn't know you were a "Bike Mama!" :)
Happy that you found a buyer for your bike.
Hugs and take care!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Vee,

So glad to hear that you are on the mend and able to go out and have a round of golf, pity about the weather.
The little Robins egg is sweet, but so sad of Mama not being around anymore.
You will be pleased to have a buyer for the bike.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

sandy said...

What a bummer you missed so much golf....hope you fit in as much as possible now. I don't blame you for not blogging much until October. I haven't been blogging much or visiting many blogs...just too darn busy. Fall and winter will be here soon enough and I can't wait.
I'm tired of the heat and long days.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Enjoy your golfing days as you get so few of them. So sad about the nest. I also thinks something must have raided the nest.
Lovely photos of the raindrops.

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to sell the bike. Do take care of your bones - all that walking on the golf course should help you bone density. Sad about the robin!

Catherine said...

We have had lots of heat and thunder storms too. I guess that's what summer is all about! I love the spider webs ~ very cool!

Happy Weekend!
xo Catherine

Susan said...

Beautiful spider webs and raindrops - they're a chance sight aren't they.
Good golfing ... what's left of it!
Better luck next year.
Pity about the Robin.
Great pictures :D)

Buttons Thoughts said...

Well I guess it is good that the weather is holding up for you I know how you love the golf course. Sorry about the bike and the Ostepo (SP)?
I think golfing is much safer than biking.
I find the summer is going way to fast but I secretly hope for winter when things slow down.
Take care. B