Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dear Vikki ...

(that's my sister) ... Please stop already with the rain dances, prayers and chanting.... it's obviously working wonders.... but,.... on the wrong side of the mountains.  I DONT WANT RAIN!  Yes, I know you do and you need it and love it and all of that ...but, can't you at least TRY to set some boundaries?  On the west side of the Rockies would be fine with me.  And... you know it doesn't matter how long or how much it rains over there at your house (which, by the way, I don't begrudge you)  ... it will dry out in two days as soon as your blistering sun pokes out anyway.  Here, on the other hand...... so far this year, there is no blistering...no sun.... and, so very little golf.  Dammit...I'm getting tired of going from window to window hoping for things to change so I can get out there and use my golf lesson time.  At my great (and, now, very green) golf course.  Where, strangely, nobody is willing to show me anything in the pouring rain even if I desperately want to be there to learn something...anything.  They have flatly refused.  As a matter of fact..I think I heard some rather unflattering mumbling about the state of my mental health....

I'm beginning to wonder why we, in this geographic location that must have the shortest golf season in the world.... would want to bother with the stupid game anyway.  We must be nut jobs.  All of us.  Because we seem to also have the highest per capita number of golf courses and golfers on the planet..... just plain weird, that's what it is ...(or maybe that should read...  we are...) ....

I think it's high time I learned to do some dancing of my own.... in opposition to somebody's supplication to the Rain Gods.  I definitely need to learn the Sun Dance.  Fortunately the Canadian Government outlawed the skin piercing and flesh sacrifice portions of Sun Dancing in 1895...so I don't have to worry about totally exposing myself to the elements ... as a matter of fact...I will be wearing my winter parka, a toque and my foam padded bra.... at the very least....

Poor Basil is really fed up with the cold...


































.... the violets love a little moisture, but come on... I bet they're in danger of getting root rot standing around in puddles....















see any tadpoles in there? ...















no bleeding here...just a lot of weeping ...watery tears.....















and, see this?  I got a bag of dirt, I got a bag of dirt...sounds a bit like Johnny in Pirates... but, his was a jar of dirt.  I ordered this two weeks ago. To dig into my depleted garden soil ...and there has been no digging.. NONE...   All I have out there at the moment is mud.  And I ain't standing out in the rain digging in my mud... so... I impatiently wait for a sunny day to whack some balls ... to dig....

Today..... I'm staying warm baking strawberry banana muffins ... making a hearty stew...with "those puffy white things"...
and putting some paint on little dolly.....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK you win, I'll stop complaining that it's a bit chilly here. I've never understood why people want to play golf - all that stopping to hit a silly little ball just spoils a nice walk! If I can't have Robert for my fantasy can I have George Clooney? Do you watch NCIS - Malcolm's fantasy is the actress who plays Ziva .....

Shashi Nayagam said...

Hope you get some good weather soon. We had a very hot week last week but now it has all changed back to dull and miserable. I wish it would rain and get it over with. We need the rain the ground is too hard and the plants need the water. Oh well we can't manage the weather so off to do some cooking now.Your baking sounds wonderful and comforting.

Arlette said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You asked about lei....The lei that are made from materials other than fresh foliage are seldom thrown in the garbage. They are either worn again and again or passed onto another graduate at their graduation. Islanders respect the effort and love that go into these lei and also have many occasions in which to wear them. Friday's have been designated as Aloha Friday in the islands. It is a day that everyone is encouraged to wear aloha shirts and mu'umu'u in the work place and throughout the island. This is a weekly occasion for everyone to wear lei. Sooo, please know that we do recycle our lei, either by passing it on or by wearing it to death. I have lei that are probably over a dozen years old and still going strong. Hope this answers your question. Aloha!

Abi said...

How is the please-stop-the-freakin-rain dance going? :O) poor you. Thought you lived in England for a second...

As for cameras.. I asked my husband, very politely, if he would be kind enough to learn how to use my new camera, so he could then teach me quickly.... his response was not the one I was hoping for :O)
Looking forward to seeing your new doll...

Serena Lewis said...

I can empathise, my dear, after the flooded, tadpole-infested backyard we had back in February....and I'm not kidding about the tadpoles. lol

I hope you get a break in the weather soon. I'd hate to see that bag of soil sitting out there like that. I've heard if soil is closed up for too long it can turn sour. On another note, what a neat way you get soil delivered there! Here, a tip truck backs up and drops its load right on the lawn.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Vee,

I hope that your weather will get better, so you can get out for your round of golf and into the garden.
~ we had months of sunny weather with out any rain, and now we have the rain.
Good luck with your new doll.

Enjoy your weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

JudiA said...

Does it help to know that I share your pain Vee? If you ever find out exactly who is doing that darned rain dance, give me a call and we can go tar and feather them together. :-)
I heard on the radio this morning that it has been 40 days of rain here. That feels awfully ominous...
Sorry about your golf game!!

Jennifer Rose said...

ugh :/ hope it stops soon
poor drowning flowers

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

You tell her!

We at least had it up in the mid thirties for a week or so back in May in my province. Unfortunately we're now paying for it.

Leslie said...

Rain, rain, go away.... even East Texas is getting flooded! Hope you get to hit a golf ball soon:)