Saturday, February 9, 2008

ATC ....











A new little ATC from The Wild Gypsy ... a gal named Carolyn in New Jersey. . It stands for Artist Trading Card if you are not familiar with the term. Take a peek on ebay sometime.... under ACEOs.... (which stands for Art Cards, Editions and Originals) .. you will be amazed at the art work people are doing on such a tiny scale. The cards measure only 2.5 X 3.5 inches.










.....and look at the card it arrived in... aren't they both cute? almost like two purchases in one really. I thought it very generous of her. I love the little kitten pic... I would have bought that one for sure..... but didn't check her listings for that particular week until too late. You really should put sites on your ebay favs if you want to keep abreast of new listings and check them regularly.
I have a small collection of ATCs and add to it every so often. The cats in the mosaic at the bottom of my blog are some that I really admire; have a few of those. As a matter of fact... one is in the mail from Russia right now. There will then be 3 to put into an elongated rectangular frame. I think I will just do it myself... like I do my cards... picture on top of coloured paper that shows like a thin piece of mat behind...then another... til I get the colour and look I want.













like this..... one of my cards.

I will post my framed cats down the road... when it is finished. Probably difficult to imagine...but here is a pic of another ATC, matted and framed... with 2 different coloured portions of paper showing behind and then placed on a large piece of heavier mat board.













This is an ATC by Tatiana Oles that was a purchase. But.... then didn't I just need to see if I could do one too? First I drew her in pencil, then pigma pen over..and just used some cheap acrylic paints .. I borrowed Mr. Bumblevee's art brushes..which he hasn't used for years. Hope he gets back to doing some artwork some day...he is pretty darn good at it.






















so, I guess I am okay at copying.... ..sort of.... but... the inspiration or imagination for the idea in the first place.. that is the tough part. Obviously I am not nearly as adept with my use of colour either, yet. .... slightly tentative... .. but perhaps with practice......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news.....
Arora found some sea glass to play with....

7 comments:

Vee said...

I'd never even heard of the term. Thank you for enlightening me. Perhaps I could afford a teeny weeny piece of art.

Folksie Linda said...

Hi Vee, I love to collect the cards.. i have a little bit that I have started with and every now and then.. i will add to it. Your card came out wonderful. Great Job!
Thank you so much for sending me the recipe for the chocolate cherries... i am going to make them, my boys will love them!
Hugs, Linda

Small City Scenes said...

I did do the trading cards for a little while and it was fun and i received some beauties---thanks for reminding me.
The story about your Mother was wonderfu. She certaintly knows you loved her.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
I like your attitude: want it! learn it! DO IT. I will borrow from you. Marybeth

Jennie said...

The cards are lovely,
Arora looks like she's having fun!

Aleta said...

Just a wee note to let you know I pop in often even if I don't post. Your quick wit always makes me smile. I love the post about your mom. She is all around you....and I sense you feel it.

Warmest and biggest bear hugs, Aleta

MightyMom said...

cool stuff, I actually thought I liked your colors better as they were softer......

Linda Fleming said...

Love all your cards, and the one you did is wonderful! I prefer the colors you used in the one you did- gives her such a soft and feminine look- very pretty Vee!