Thursday, February 7, 2008

Arora ??

I think my mermaid mentor was beginning to wonder if I may go off on some wild sea glass expedition. Tempting.....but... think I'll wait for warmer weather. And, of course.... it would be far from my turf...as all I have here is turf. No lovely ocean within hiking distance anywhere around here.

Today it was time to get busy with trims, glue and fur.... pffff... man.... that stuff is everywhere now!










She finally chose the beautiful, soft, fly-away, Arctic Fox fur. It came all the way from Alaska, sent by Judi Wellnitz, who also just happens to be the designer of this great pattern. I'll probably add a bit more at the throat... but wanted to get some pics before the light totally faded.
I haven't named her yet...but am contemplating "Arora".




15 comments:

Tina said...

She is looking absolutely wonderful.
I love her expression in her face. Beautiful. Hugs, Tina

Judi W. said...

I think she is absolutely breathtaking but then I'm a bit biased, LOL.

Vee said...

Ohhh, she rises from the mists in one of those photos. Very nice, Vee!

Anonymous said...

Hi Veronica,
Thank you for stopping by. I like your work and your blog! If you want to see my Floraliana Dolls go here to check them out.
Constance


http://boutiquerochambeau.com/

C.C. said...

She's beautiful! Well done, Vee!

Vee said...

If you have a chance, come back around to comments at my blog today. Miss Sandy has provided some very helpful information.

Linda Fleming said...

Oh Vee! She is beautiful! Aren't just so proud and tickled with her? Well, you should be! Lovely work, Vee.

BumbleVee said...

yes, Linda....I AM totally thrilled with the way she turned out. I always hate to say so out loud...sometimes it feels like I am bragging and I embarrass myself....... but honestly...I love her!!
today I am swimming her around on her "sea" of tulle.... hahahha.....and want to make another one ... with a different parka material of course!

Folksie Linda said...

Hi Vee, Your mermaid is absolutely wonderful... you are such a creative gal and I love the chocolate cherry cupcakes... ooh they looks so good! I think I may have to make those if I feel up to it... i know my boys will love them! Very Yummy! Hugs, Linda

smilnsigh said...

Wow, what a coat!

And yes, I love the name.

Mari-Nanci

Little Blue Violet said...

wow Vee. Shes uniquely beutiful!

BumbleVee said...

thanks so much everybody for coming to visit my blog and for all your wonderful comments on Arora..... I think I need to make another mermaid right away so I remember a few little "pointers" to myself that I should actually write down for future reference.

Jennie said...

She is absolutely stunning!

Pauline said...

Gosh you talented lady, she is absolutely wonderful.

Pauline

Shashi Nayagam said...

She is stunning. Wow what a lovely doll and what multitalented lady you are.