Tuesday, February 19, 2008

ABC Wednesday

Something new to try. ABC Wednesday at Mrs. Nesbitt's
Last night I checked and saw that E was the letter for the week. Then ... just kind of sat there. Stumped already. Great. Why is it a person can just chat away on any subject in the world when there are no guidelines? ... hmmmmmmm strange that......

But then I found myself looking into the beautiful eyes on this cat picture that I just got from Anna. That did it. Of course! EYES! What a wonderful E word ......










I love eyes...... as a matter of fact it is what started me making dolls. The faces ... and in particular, the eyes. In the beginning I was looking at classes offered online; found a cute little Elfin face... and that led to a class where I learned to make Eyes with water colour pencils and Pigma pens. Pages of notes on how to make them look 3 dimensional. Now, I draw them on Everything .....










So far, I have done a few that I really love.... plenty that I don't love quite so much... but I definitely still like them all.
























Look .... this poor lady still has no Eyelashes, no Eyebrows.... notice how important they are to the overall appearance.








Experimenting on smaller shapes... here is one on a self covered button... using a catalogue model for inspiration.













She ended up being a mermaid...















Brown eyed button gals .....
















I Even gave glass eyes a try .... in a polymer clay face. Mingus









But.... the Emerald Eyes ... on soft cloth ..... yep, still prefer those.

37 comments:

Kyanite said...

Hi there!

Wow - what a clever E!
Really enjoyed your photo's

Blue

Mrs Mac said...

Great ABC post!

By the way, Bob just gave you an award!

Helena (Bob's mum)

HildeS/Frøken Fryd said...

Wow, how beautiful dolls you are making, and their eyes are just beautiful, so full of life:)
Todays most beautiful E.

Jean M Fogle said...

I love the eye pics! I always shoot for the eyes when I do dog pics. the eyes are the opening to the soul!

dot said...

You sure have made some beautiful eyes!!

Daryl said...

WOW .. reallt cool pix!

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

i see

thanks for the comments on awards

Shelli said...

Beautiful eyes, Vee. I love the emerald ones on cloth, too. ;)

Linda Fleming said...

Vee, your eyes and faces are marvelous! I loved looking at all the different faces you have done- such a variety! You rock!

Leslie: said...

What a wonderful collection of eyes. It's amazing how eyes make each one so unique! :D

HildeS/Frøken Fryd said...

Hello again.
Is it ok if I add you to my link list?
Have a nice day:)
Hilde.

kari and kijsa said...

Shhhh...today is the SURPRISE BLOGGY BIRTHDAY PARTY for Kari's 40th birthday...hop on over for a little cake, diet coke, and birthday cheer!!!

blessings,
kijsa

Anne-Berit said...

When I saw all these eyes I came to think about the Bondcinema-tune:"For your eyes only".It`s now spinning on my mind.Good E-post:o)

Petunia said...

A really great bunch of eyes!I like this post!

FO - 2 said...

Creative E! :)
You are a real artist! :)))

C.C. said...

Wow, Vee! Very clever idea for your first ABC Wednesday! Beautiful eyes!

becky aka theRAV said...

Love your eyes. I think you should win for the most beautiful post. Awesome. Made me want to draw some.

Paulie said...

Eyes to the extreme! Excellent!

mrsnesbitt said...

WOW! Artistically EXCELLENT!

WOW!

Anonymous said...

Wow those are so amazing... the eyes ... the dolls... you are such a talented artist... I have to agree I love those last eyes the best...
Linda

BumbleVee said...

just checking to see if anybody visited me..and wow!!... hi everybody....thanks for stopping by to "see" my eyes...! and thx for all the nice comments.

Little Blue Violet said...

Awesome girl! Love your work.
Darly

Happyone said...

Wow, lots of eyes. Great post.
Welcome to ABC Wednesday!

nancy said...

Your eyes are wonderful. I wish I knew the tricks of making them look like that. I'd draw them on everything, too :)
Nancy

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Yu ar so clever!! Eyes ar a hard bit to dror!

:@D

Katney said...

You've amde some wonderful eyes for your dolls.

Judi W. said...

You got the eyes going on, girlfriend!

Pauline said...

You are a talented lady Vee, they are fantastic. Love the emerald eye girl.

Pauline

Berit T said...

Very very good!!
I like your painting eyes very very much!!!
And all bear so cute:o) !!!!

Vee said...

Loved this entry! I see you do good work with eyebrows, too. ;>

Kerri Farley said...

Wow! What a wonderful wonderful post! All of those EYES are FANTASTIC!

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Wow! Lovely eyes. Really
like your dolls! Fantastic E!

Have a Blessed Fun Happy
Creative Healthy Year!!!

All Bear by Paula said...

What beautiful eyes Vee! And yes, eyebrows are important ... as anyone without them will no doubt agree.

BumbleVee said...

seeing as my eyebrows are so pale you can see them.... maybe I have a slight fascination with eyebrows? Eyes and eyebrows... definite fascinations for me...
come on over Paula and Vee...I will draw some on for you....lol....

Miss_Yves said...

Excellent!
Nice colours!
Beautiful and strange dolls ...
miss Yves

Zada Creations said...

Oh my, you do WONDERFUL eyes!! I really have a "thing" for eyes too. Eyes inspire me, lol. I clip them out of magazines and save pictures online and put them into a folder for when I need inspiration. After all it's the eyes in our creations that speak to people and give our creations a "soul". And wow, I LOVE the eyes you do!!! All your eyes are marvelous, but that last set of green ones really go me ;o) Super-talented you are!!
(Hugs),
~Patricia

BumbleVee said...

Hi Patricia...tx for stopping by ... I love your felted marvels.... at first I thought the cat had glass eyes...but I have decided it was totally felted. Great job!