Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Today's Tip

--- As soon as you put nuts in the oven to toast them...turn on the timer! That way if you leave the room and forget what you were doing in the kitchen.... something besides the fire alarm will remind you!! Oh, man.... those almonds were the blackest nuggets I have ever seen! and peeeuuuwwww.... plus....what a colossal waste of about 5 bucks worth of whole almonds! What's that noise?... Oh, please..not the fire trucks; there isn't that much smoke...............................

Luckily it is a beautiful day and I can open all the windows. Lit my candles and I am sure most of the smell has dissipated.... however, it could be that my nostrils were severaly smoke damaged and I can't really smell how bad it is. Guess I will know as soon as you-know-who arrives... and asks what am I burning for supper. Not that I usually burn stuff... as a matter of fact I am a good cook and love to bake...just that sometimes I "forget." Lately it is happening a bit too often for my liking, but I chalk it up to trying to do too many things at once. Why do we try to do that anyway?

The rest of the day was great; got a lot done. Sadly, it did not include any bear making or dollying. The garden is crying out for attention and I did manage to get a bit of weeding and cleaning done. Hard to do bending straight over instead of "scrooching"..but squatting like I do really hurts the ankle and Andy (the physio guy) said it hurts HIM to watch me squat like I do, so it has to be bothering my joints. Says not to do it. I was born with a Syndrome called Ehlers-Danlos which means I am hyperextensible and hypermobile at the joints. It seems to be causing more problems than I want or need right now. More physio in the morning... I think I seem to be walking just a bit better today....although that funny soft swelling right on the ankle bump is still there. More ice and Ibuprofen I guess...and still trying to strip out the plantar fascia with my thumb and knuckle...ouch..ouch... hopefully perseverance will pay off. I may need a hand massage soon though....

No comments: