Thursday, June 7, 2007

My beautiful new hang tag!


Designed by Penny of Gotobed Bears. I think it is absolutely beautiful. Makes my fairy doll look like a fairy princess! The bear guys don't look bad either....lol....

This is my first official hang tag and I decided to make it in ATC size... the small bears will have to ride on it like a flying carpet cuz many of them are much smaller than that!... or... I suppose I could reduce the size for a little one... and make a mini tag.

Today I saw something lying in my new bark chips as I drove away to the bank... when I came home it was still there. From a distance it looked like a diaper or a blue-ish plastic bag... but no, somebody dropped a fluffy bunny and it got a bit wet in last night's rain. I fluffed it up and now..am hoping somebody notices him sitting on my patio wall. I thought about hanging him from the small tree in the front...but somehow that didn't seem quite right...although he sure has the ears for it. You know the kind...with a bit of velcro on each to stick them around something...like a branch?... I just made a sign...going out to post it......

......I'm baaaack.... and thought this was kinda funny....

Chrissi posted some info about what goes inside her bears...'course, she makes bigger bears... and so she makes bigger pillows.. and Shantell makes hers heart shaped...but me... well..I am not sure what to call these. If a bear has a tiny mid section...they get a little round ball.. if they are longer.. sort of a teardrop or pear shape.. if they are my REALLY "big" guys... like, around a whopping 6 inches... they get ..uhm.... sort of an oblong... anyway... here is what my little pillows for shot look like. They get about half a teaspoon of shot... maybe a teaspoon if they are "heavyweights".

At one time I even thought making such pillows could be Enterpreneurial Idea number 999....... and my sister had some great ideas for company names. "Lead Bellies" ....but that went out the window pretty quickly...can't have folks thinking we use lead in there..... it is steel shot in mine people! Tiny, tiny pellets...like sand, for the 2 inch bears. Some bears have plastic pellets. Then there was "TubbyTummies"... and my all time favourite... "Shot in the Ass" ...hahahha I did laugh! Or, "Butt Shott". Somehow we never got past laughing about it all. As usual. So, now someone can read this and make their millions. I am sure somebody overheard my Mom and me discussing putting wheels on our suitcases waaaaay back before anybody thought of it... we went to England with the full weight of luggage allowable...and I had to carry it all...she absolutely could not lift hers.... neither could I ...but I dragged it. We learned to travel light after that and many years later just looked at each other in disbelief and laughed our heads off when we saw the first suitcase with wheels.

6 comments:

Folksie Linda said...

Hello thank you for viewing my blog! Would you like to exchange blog links? I would love to! Let me know. Hugs, Linda Folksie

Laura Lynn said...

Vee your new hang tag is FABulous! It's absolutely stunning! Penny did a great job :)

Hugz,
Laura

Folksie Linda said...

Hi Vee, It is nice to meet you.. love your blog and your new hangtag! And of course, I have added you to my link list too! So very nice to meet you here in blogland! Hugs, Folksie Linda

Pauline said...

Great hang tags Vee and your dolls - Wow, they are truly amazing.

Warm wishes
Pauline

Unknown said...

That hang tag is GORGEOUS! Of course, Penny's work is wonderful but I tell you the dolls and bears you make really add pizazz to it!

Giggling about the sister thing. My sister and I always come up with great inventions too and then somehow are names always end up going the same direction as yours...

BumbleVee said...

thanks for visiting everybody... and thanks too for the nice things you all said about my tag and the dolls...

I have to say I am quietly proud of what I have been able to accomplish with them so far...just wish I was a bit more productive..but I guess that is just me being my usual slow self... molasses has nothing on me!

Wish you guys lived closer so that somebody could come help print off some of my great tags... well, okay it is not just the printing..but I want to be able to line up something for the back too.. might have to spring for a professional.