Tuesday, June 19, 2007

These are what I plant to attract butterflies and also the occasional hummingbird that flies to our part of the world. Penstemones... or ..I am trying to remember the other name..I think it is "goat's beard"..will look it up later.......

okay... it is beardtongue.. I was close...sort of.... lol
In my book on perennials it says "each flower appears to be sticking out its tongue . This is a stamen and may be hairy or bearded..hence the name." Said to attract hummingbirds.

Some of the Iris are still blooming...
















... and these two said they wanted to stand beside a silly old cactus....they are almost finished... ears are pinned on..and of course... somebody is still missing legs!

3 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

Oh those flowers are beautiful! And those two little cubs... adorable!

Hugz,
Laura

Folksie Linda said...

Hi Vee, Enjoyed seeing your flowers ... they are both pretty but i really love the top ones. The cubs are so cute even minus the legs! Hugs, Folksie Linda

BumbleVee said...

Hey Laura and Linda.... tx for looking in.

Yeah...poor little guy was still legless ...but they looke cute together..so I took a pic.