Monday, March 8, 2010

photo a Week....

Today's theme...."What am I" ? .....

I guess it could actually be animal, vegetable or mineral... or it could even be a shot of my face..  hahahah....that'd scare ya and you would never be able to guess what I was....  or, it could mean...I spy with my little eye...something that is ...erm.... smallish... silvery.... has little birdies..and.... guess what it is.....
















Well, it's something that us kids bought for our Mom when we just little... the type of thing we usually found for her.  Something cute... smallish and not very expensive.  All four of us had to agree on our purchase because we were pooling our meagre resources ... .. ... so sometimes it took a lot of looking. 















I think it actually has some silver in it...because it gets almost black ... then I scour it with silver cleaner... 

.
.
.
.














Salt and Pepper shaker birdies !!

13 comments:

Sue said...

What a great "what am I?" idea! I love it.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

It's lovley, certainly beats the sort of things little ones usually by their parents and grandparents hehe. Your dolls are beautiful so well made, put mine in the shade rather :-/ Found you via someone else's blog.
Anne xx

Unknown said...

How sweet! I love the little birdies. They look so cute all shined up!

Serena Lewis said...

That is a real cute set of salt and pepper shakers....great choice for the photo challenge.

I can relate....I remember when my four siblings and I used to pool our money together for gifts for Mum and Dad. It was serious but exciting business and yes, sometimes final decisions took a while ~ :)

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Nice! At first I was guessing a napkin ring.

Petrinetrollmor said...

Me too ! Thought at first it was a napkin holder. It is so beautiful ! And typical kids. It just took me back many years ago, when my sister and I went shopping Christmas gift for our mother.

What is it ? The little something in your bookcase ? It`s so little and tiny and very beautiful ! Did you make it, Vee ? This little babydoll ?

Sue said...

Vee, until you wrote that they were salt and pepper shakers I never would have guessed. wonderful!

Sue:)

Maria Vaz said...

It´s so cute! I would have never guessed it was a salt and pepper shaker, until I saw the last picture. Mom must have been so proud of her kids when she received this lovely gift. Hugs ...

Anonymous said...

I guessed right away it was salt and pepper, great for this weeks photo, I am still thinking about it for mine.

Abi said...

They are soo cute!
Also wnated to pop by and say thanks so much for the hug and kind words - I really appreciate them vee :O)
xx;;;;;;;; that last bit was from my black cat who decided to stand on my laptop!!

sandy said...

ohhh how cool, I love birdies and these are beautiful!

Jennifer Rose said...

what a nice little set :D much better then the tat I would buy mom lol

MaryO said...

I could have sworn I commented here yesterday. My brain has turned to mush, I think. Anyway, I love your photos and think this was a darling gift for your mother. I'm sure she was thrilled!