Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bookcase Tour Tuesday

Maybe I should change that to .... Why Is It Wednesday Already? ...  because it seems I never manage to get it on here by Tuesday.



















I'm a deep thinker, philosopher and love to read heavy, challenging material...... HAHAHAHAHH... NOT!!

That's why Rosebud is looking at me like that.  Probably saying ...what are you doing?.. and why do I have to sit on this book?  Even sitting on it is uncomfortable... never mind wading through it...

I began it once upon a time...and by page 113 was wishing I was reading a book that did begin with that very line. I love "Once Upon A Time books" ...   But, at one time in my life, I thought it was necessary to try reading some well known and deep books instead of just fun stuff or fluffy fiction.  

There are several phrases regarding the misfortune of the horses on the battlefield that will stick with me forever when I just wish I could forget them as easily as I did the first paragraph of my Science 9 textbook.  But, no.... "spurring his horse as if the animal were to blame for everything" ... and a few others ..til I read of the horse shot with a canon and "blood was spurting from his leg as from a fountain" and I tossed it on the floor and left it...    My friend from Russia says there is much lost in translation anyway...and it is far more interesting for him to read Tolstoy's books in Russian.  Let him do my deep and meaningful reading for me.... thanks Vlad.....















This is more my style... bear making .....with lots of cute pictures even in the advertisements in the old Teddy Bear and Friends mags.  I am always on the lookout for what makes them look cute.... how does the position of the eyes make the face different from other faces?... what is the shape of the head, the nose ... are there some features that just make me saw awwwww when looking at one versus another.















What about unusual little cuties that I haven't even attempted yet?  Maybe some day I'll try one.... but, until then...I love to look at all of them......

I'm not deep, or analytical, or well read .....   I'm simple, shallow, and I like easy....  I want cute, pretty, fun and interesting.... life's too short to be bothered with things that make me miserable or unhappy or even ticked off or frustrated ....  I move on.....

5 comments:

Twiglet said...

Well said! Lets go with the fun, the positive, the cheerful and the caring .........

Dolores said...

One of my daughter's teachers once said to give a book 50 pages to see if you like it or something like that. Life's too short to spend the time and effort doing something not enjoyable.

JudiA said...

Hee hee... sounds like me and my adventures with "Moby Dick". I would never even attempt Tolstoy- kudos! OK, that stuffed mammoth is the cutest thing I have ever seen. PLEASE tell me there is a pattern available and where to find it!?

Jennifer Rose said...

I've tried reading War and Peace 3 times, made it to about page 20 an fell alseep lol

that mammoth is too cute :D i want to learn to make one now

MaryO said...

LOL! JudiA, you should have had a cute English professor like I did so you could have gotten through Moby Dick and loved every minute!
But, Vee, I'm with you about books like War and Peace. My current attention span wouldn't get me through the first five pages, I'm afraid! And I want "feel good" books, please. Real life has enough horror, I don't need it in fiction.