Sunday, March 28, 2010

hey Mom.....

... what? ... oh, ...silly  me.... somebody says "Mom" and I look around.  As if..... ahhahah...















aren't ya gonna make my shot pouch?  Look... the nice soft suede-y material is all set out....



















My back is wide open...kinda drafty in here......

















okay...working on it...oh, just a minute...the Girl Guides just knocked.... difficulties ensued.... 















...were overcome.....



















how's that?  Pouch in position...all closed up and cosy now... can't even tell where the seam is...almost.... 
















Ah...great shot.... but, oh, wait....those ears.... just a minute.........















a few stitches to hold the creases in position works wonders....















yeh...I know.... a tiny thing.....















But, look .. it makes a big difference.  Well, it does to me........

and...he now has a name.  My sister took one look and said.... he looks like a Scratty Eddy..... so please meet Eddy.... and he is a bit scratty looking although it's not called that by the mohair companies.  It is "sparse, long".... but, a rose by any other name....

I forgot the most important picture earlier...

Here is the bunny I wanted to make..... just like one made by Nancy Sholtey
There is no pattern...it is one that she had for sale several years ago...but, I couldn't bring myself to pay quite as much as she wanted for him.  So...when I found this fabric...decided to give one a try.  I think he is pretty close...and very cute.....

19 comments:

Terra said...

This guy has the cutest expression, and I like his wispy fur.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Eddy is adorable! Love his little face, very expressive.
A real cutie! ♥

Healing Woman said...

I think it's the way you have tilted his eyes and have the ears horizontal that makes him so precious.

Judi W. said...

Oh he is absolutely precious! Love every single thing about him!

Beedeebabee said...

Gosh is he ever a cutie and a half! I love his eyes and those ears...I'm just plain in love with him!!! Too ADORABLE! XOXO Paulette

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Vee,

What a little sweetie ~ love your little Bunny and he is all ready for Easter with chocolate.

Hugs
Carolyn

Serena Lewis said...

Eddy is soooooo adorable, Vee!!! I love his expression!

JudiA said...

He is absoluely adorable in every way. And yes, the ear wrinkles do add to the effect for those that can see it. Wonderful work!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Awwww. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too adorable!!! :) You are so good!

Lynda (Granny K) said...

He's lovely! His mohair is spectacularly fluffy! Happy Easter!

Daisy said...

Sooo cute! I love the expression in his eyes and his wild and woolly furs.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

You are a truly amazing artist woman! I'm in awe of your talent!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Hi Vee,
I love Eddy!!! I love everything about him including his funny little face.He's magnificent.The stitches do make a difference and knowing your eye for detail,I expect no less.The photos and story are fantastic too!!!
XXOO Marie Antionette

Jennifer Rose said...

he is so cute! :D and fluffy :D love his feet

Unknown said...

Eddy is the most precious bit of cuteness I have seen in a long time! I love how you make sure to see to even the tiniest details, like his ear creases!

Linda Fleming said...

OMG! Eddy is the cutest bunny I've ever laid eyes on!

frayedattheedge said...

Eddy is gorgeous!!

Cheryl said...

Oh girl I just luv your sense of humor and how much your little bears play with you. That little bunny is ADORABLE, just scrumptious.

sandy said...

Your creations are always adorable! Happy Easter.