Monday, April 14, 2008

Pay it Forward fun.......

Some time ago I initiated my portion of a Pay it Forward which I had offered to play over at Table Bread. I barely had enough people to carry it on..... but, Caroline was one of the nice folks who did offer to play along and then it was her turn to round up more players. She had trouble finding folks too and decided to Pay It Back to me!! How lucky was I !!

Today when I got home from running errands.. there was a box sitting on my porch.. oooooohhh.... a surprise! And, was I ever surprised ... as well as totally spoiled by her. My goodness, the effort she put into this was so special. She definitely was paying attention and picked up on some clues about me since the pay it forward day......
I was like a kid on Christmas morning let me tell you. Eagerly reading her letter...then unwrapping each little thing...and ......there were so many!










It began with a basket lined with fabric pieces purchased in Chad...and inside the basket... a most amazing assortment of tiny treasures!
an artwork postcard of Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.. a tiny brown wool sheep from Finland.. (this girl gets around and if you check out her blog, you will find out why...)










And, look at the teeeensy shopping bags! How cute are those? like a kid or cat alright...that's me....playing with the packaging as much as the goodies.
A silver trade bead from Ethiopia...the stone bead from Northern Cameroon...you can barely see one of a pair of tiny wooden shoes from the Netherlands... but from Dutch celebrations in Zimbabwe. Can you see the tiniest owl in the world? lol......... you can see him better below...I took a close-up .....










... and on it went.... a miniature vase from Zimbabwe... with a sweet little spray of glass flowers.. small wooden frame holding a watercolour of a baobab tree...soapstone and wood pendants.. also from Zimbabwe...











Look at this amazing little guy. He is only half an inch big! Unbelievable. Made by a lady in South Africa. Adorable is the only word I can think of......

I had so much fun reading her letter and the descriptions of where each little treasure came from....who made it and the circumstances under which it was discovered or purchased by her. She wrapped each little thing... I marveled at every gem I unwrapped.

Signing up for my first pay it forward on Lewis's blog was the most fun I have had in years. I think Caroline is like me in several ways... and we sure both had a lot of fun sending out our little goodies to each other ... I still have one more pay it forward to do...but there is no hurry... the deal was 365 days.... I think I have time.

Thanks so much for my wonderful gift basket Caroline... I love it!! Everything is the perfect size for use with my mini needle felts sitting in the curio cabinet (where all is safe and dust free....)

6 comments:

C.C. said...

My pleasure, Bumblevee! My pleasure. I'm so glad you had fun opening everything...I sure had fun putting it all together for you!

Vee said...

Oh my! You two have been taking such good care of each other...what perfectly wonderful treasures! I had no idea to whom you were referring and was thinking as I read that it looked so much like something C.C. would do.

Veronica said...

How much fun you have been having! That little owl - imagine the lady who made it - she'd probably have no idea people from all corners of the globe are seeing it!

Too bad we couldn't get Susan to open her computer (lol!) But I can see how that would also be good motivation to get something done.

Sandra Evertson said...

That teeny little owl is Adorable!
Sandra Evertson

Folksie Linda said...

Oh that was so nice and all the wonderful things you got.. well i can only say you deserve it because you are one of the nicest people i know and that's what happens to nice people especially you!! I enjoyed seeing all of your treasures!! I am so happy you had a good day! Thinking of you!
Hugs, Linda

smilnsigh said...

Every time I read one of these I-got-a-package entries, it makes me feel so dullllllllll. I'm just not good at gathering and sending things. Never even had a give-away on my blog, at all! How awful is that? Yish...

The letter thingy, I can do that...

Big deal I know. Compared to packages. -sigh-

OK OK, I guess I had my "Pitiful Pearl Party" for Wednesday. :-))))

M-N