Monday, September 24, 2007

Well, it is definitely not May today! Last night we had what I call the first "real" frost. I mean it was down on the ground .... frost on the pumpkin, so to speak .... not just on the roof tops. We have had some on the roofs for several days .... but this ... is more or less the real thing. Guess we know what's next...but I ain't sayin' ....

I love when the Golden Flame Spirea turn ... some fresh pale golden leaves amongst the old, but still green ... and the burnt orange, pale and deep burgundy...

Awww, look. This is MY garden gnome. I call him Gardener. Looks like he is telling me it is almost time to bring him in for hibernation. Yesterday, he was in the front garden. Today he is in the backyard. I hope whoever is playing musical gnomes with him doesn't drop him ... 'specially on their foot .... he is cement and heavy .... about 50 lbs.!









The trees are in various stages of colour .... and against a crystal clear blue sky... beautiful.














Ooops... this is not the recipe blog ... hhahah ... okay, just messing with ya! but .. it won't be long before we will be thinking of hearty grain breads and steaming bowls of home made soup will it? Actually, I confess ... I did not bake this delicious loaf. It is Pecan Raisin Muesli and I love it. Get it from a little shop in a little shopping centre about 2 minutes from my house. Absolutely yummy, especially toasted.

4 comments:

Judi W. said...

We've had killer frost here already! We are actually supposed to get our first snow tomorrow. It is most definitely time to start thinking of fresh bread and soups!

BumbleVee said...

Oh, no....not the S word!! Get out your longjohns Judi....

Georgia Peachez said...

Love that concrete bear!! Well, thanks for finding my blog again. I am enjoying your too. I went through a bear making phase once, now I am just an admirer of fine artist bears. I will enjoy checking back often and linking to your other bear friends.
There is a flickr group for the paper doll swap if you link to flickr from my blog you should be able to find it. xo, suzy

BumbleVee said...

Hiya "Georgia"...tx for visiting my blog and tx for the link.

Found my way to all the great dresses on flickr. Loved looking at all of them (as well as tons of other stuff you all do!) Isn't this blog hopping fun? The only problem, of course, is how much time it takes... arrrgghhhh!

However, now that I know where many of u live...I will be back over there checking on you gals too... lol...