Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm a wing nut...

..... that's nothing new. I make life difficult for myself...nothing new there either.... but, I am slowwwwly...ever so slowly.... learning lessons. Always a good sign, right?











...body parts ... yup, still lying..(or hanging when drying)... all over the place. Next time, I use flesh coloured fabric unless I am painting a specific "thing" or pattern on said appendages. It just happened that at this particular time I had some tight weave lighter (way too light as it turned out) fabric hanging around. I decided, without thought to consequence, to use it for the arms and legs after I did the face of paperclay and painted it such a light flesh tone. I really liked the lighter colour and didn't want to change that...so thought to make the rest of the body match her face. Not such a simple fix. At all. It is proving to be pretty darn tricky to get the colours to match...and to further complicate matters....even the arms and legs ended up being of different fabrics...because I ran out of the first fabric whilst trying for one pair of great legs..... hahahhah..yep....I'm a nut job. Oh, well, today I am ordering caucasian flesh fabric...thanks for the site Linda.... before I am tempted to begin any other doll. Because of all a sudden, I have another idea for something... make that "someone"....











My beautiful flowers are full bloom now...and look amazing...











How cute is this little guy? A company that builds pig launchers and other pipeline cleaning stuff was giving out these keyrings at a meeting. Somebunny brought one home for me.

11 comments:

sandy said...

That is a cool piggy. Enjoyed reading you, you wing nut.

Daisy said...

For a second, those disembodied arms scairted me! Sometimes I think they might come alive at night. But if they did, they would probably do something fun like play the piano. Or knit something.

Carole Burant said...

I guess it would look kind of weird seeing body parts laying around all over! hehe I'm just so fascinated by your talent at making dolls and bears and of course I just love your Serenity faerie doll, she's gorgeous!!

Still lots of snow here too and although it's slowly starting to melt, there's still a long way to go. xoxo

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

I like that pig! Mummy's arnty Pat collekts pigy things!

Bumblevee,
I'm goin to hav a pawty this weekend to sellybrate my 500th post :@}
Festivitys kik off tomorro at noon UK time an larst till midnite Sunday!
Pleez come by!
Leev sum jokes in the comments sekshun ov Friday's post fer evrywun.
Weel be havin cayke, ginger beer, scooby snaks an a serprize speshul gest!!!!!
Pleez come it won't be the sayme wivowt yu!

:@D

Shashi Nayagam said...

What a cute little piggy! Oh I can relate to body parts and not matching parts etc. I am working on a doll (sorry can't show you as it is for a challenge) which has ended up having way too big wig and it is made with paperclay so can't anything about it it will just have to have a large head lol!.

Jennifer Rose said...

I just had a vision of pigs being launched at a target in the sky >.< the legs and arms look good to me. I'm amazed at people that can make doll parts like that.

Draffin Bears said...

I am sure once you get your Gal dressed you will not see the different coloured body parts.
I can't wait to see her all finished.

Your flowers are doing well to be in full bloom - are they indoors?
Very pretty.

Love your little piggy keyring - I thought it was one of those boiled lollies first glance.

Hugs
Carolyn

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Thanks for sharing your creativity! I enjoy your WIP's. Love the cute lil' piggy too! Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Susan said...

Ack !!! more amputations. Relieved to find out what a pig launcher "actually" is. Tres sweet petite pig key ring. Bonjour & regards to somebunny from us - as well as to you Vee.

Thanks also for the sweet comment about us left by vous over at Poppytalk. xo S & les Gang

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Where would the world be without wing nuts?!
Have a great weekend :o)

Linda Fleming said...

OMG- that house with all the snow piled up aroud it. Doesn't that look desolate and depressing?

Well, the doll of multi-colored body parts could be a symbol of the different ethnicities of humankind around the world. ;) LOL!

Look at those gorgeous glower blooms- wonderful promise of spring to come. And love that little red piggy.

Hope you like the doll fabric.