Tuesday, December 13, 2011

......and decorations on the tree...

I particularly love this little birdie house.. it is made of metal and painted a soft sage green... has rugged old bits of twine holding on some rusty bells...there is a bit of greenery and berries.  Always find a special place for it.



The pile of ornaments grows each year... only by a few though as who needs to buy any more?  But, you know how it goes..sometimes you just see one that wants to go home with you... or a pair perhaps.  Actually I don't have a pear.. maybe some day a partridge in a pear tree might have to come home....                                                                             



















Love this plump Santa...with his teddy.  When I bought a few of these..all slightly different...I thought maybe I could make some of my own out of one of the clays..but, so far...nope.  Haven't given one a try.  Maybe after Christmas... for next year...he really is a sweetie.



















Our tree is pretty eclectic ...  bits of everything, but still tastefully done, I think.  I saved this tag from years ago... still love it.  Reminds me of the years when I used to have cats...and they would definitely be hanging from our tree or hiding in it ..... kinda miss that....hahahah...and all you cat owners know exactly what I'm talking about!



















More of my favourite ornies to make... wish I had some lovely dark green foil ...but, none around this year....



















 ..... or, even more of this paler green.... green seems tough to come by...






































And...still my fav of all.... a card sent to me by my sis years ago.  I love the depiction of a Victorian Christmas.

6 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Your ornaments are lovely and we seem to be alike. I have loads of ornaments too collected over the years but still every year one or two want to come home with me.

Unknown said...

Oh, I must have some new ones each year and I definately insist that they come home with me. hehe! Beautiful ornaments Vee. You're making me feel all Christmassy again. Maa

Mary Ann Tate said...

This year I do need some new ornaments as we seem to be missing some due to certain cats.They are getting better though as they get older or maybe lazier...LOL

Catherine said...

Love love love Christmas ornaments! Somehow I always find room for 'just 1 more' to fit on my tree. Finding room for them in storage is another matter. Ha!

Your little bird house is adorable. Oh it all makes me happy!

Hope you are having a wonderful week!
xo Catherine

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh that is a beautiful bunch of ornaments. Merry Christmas my friend. B

Anonymous said...

We have a mixture of decorations, collected over the years - I would much rather have that than a posh co-ordinated tree!