Tuesday, December 12, 2017

hello......??

I decided it's time to change my header to something Christmas-y... and to pretend I am still alive and kicking.

Definitely the kicking part....

Today is Christmas card day.  If I don't send some today ...they will never arrive on time.  ...  my cousin's card won't get there on time anyway.  Oh, well....he will understand.  The past 6 months of this year have been a bit of a write off.  Suffice to say ...I am looking forward to next year already even though I know full well one should never wish away any part of life.

Have made a few ornaments ..just for the fun of it.  My tree certainly doesn't need any more.  I'll give them all away now.  There are over a hundred origami ornies on it this year.  However, having said that.... you don't really notice that there are too many.  It is a 7 footer and plenty of room for all the ornaments ... it looks great if I do say so myself.  And, I do.

Have you heard of Cupcake Jemma ?  Seen her youtube video of mini gingerbread houses?  I want to make some ... they are soooo cute.   Maybe between Christmas and New Year I can give them a try.  Haven't a clue seeing as I have never attempted a gingerbread anything.... but, I do want to try.  Watch this space, as they say....

Off to have tea and a biscotti.... lots of cookies around...but I must do some that are not chocolate...it is like coffee for me.  Keeps me awake if I have them after noon..


4 comments:

Terra said...

I like that you have 100 origami ornies on your tree, and good to see you are alive and kicking. Sometimes that is all we can do :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

If we're still able to kick we're doing well I think. Had never heard that about chocolate keeping you awake - but come to think of it, I had a chocolate finger with my tea yesterday afternoon and didn't sleep well last night. Hmmm....I wonder....

frayed at the edge said...

I shall make the supreme sacrifice and eat all things chocolate on your behalf!!!!!

Lin said...

I still have my origami that you made for me...right here...by my desk at home. It made me smile at my crummy job...and now it makes me smile here..at home...where it is not crummy!

I am glad to see that you are blogging again! I am having fun catching up on my reading.