Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Okay, you asked for it...

Well, maybe you didn't actually ask for it, but, you did say "Go for it" ...  and, it's raining and only +8C today, so I can't go golfing.  I had a tee time for 9:16 this morning, so I was kind of pouting ...and then... wondering what I could do that wasn't vacuuming, laundry or even baking ..although, baking is my hobby ...and, you know I love to do that.... but, anyway, all of a sudden I was searching for paint.

I know I don't have any oil paints...but, found some acrylics!  Hey! Who knew?  Well, actually I did remember that I had some but I don't really know when I last used any and had to hunt for them .. ....hmmmm..oh, maybe for painting doll's shoes...yep....that was it.... but, haven't made a doll since about '09 ....

Duane would probably have a laugh...but, hey, I kinda like my first attempt at some modern art stuff.

Look at the pretty brushes ... and, all of a sudden I'm thinking why don't I just get a photo of these enlarged and use it somewhere?














I found some small canvases I bought for the latest little art classes I did online...they are only 6 x 8 inches...but, it sort of gives a person the idea for how it could be accomplished I think.

What fun putting on some colour!   Here is my first attempt.














Here is Duane's picture that I like.. well, one of them... and, hey, did you notice that he came to my blog and left a comment?  How did he know that I had posted one of his works I wonder?  He must have spies.... hi Duane if you come back... I love your work...














When you see them together, you can see that there are more ... uh.... layers, and more colours, and more of everything really...but, like I said ...it is my first attempt...and, it sort of gives you the idea of how it could be accomplished.  Not to say that it would ever be quite the result but, ..just sayin'....


















I love how the paint tray looks too.... ...














Okay...now I really do have to do some cleaning.......................but, I better start with the almost dried on mess on the tray...........





9 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Pretty cool Vee. I love the colours you used. Now just get a bigger canvas :)

BeadedTail said...

You did a great job on your first attempt! We think it turned out lovely!

Sue (this n that) said...

Cool and good on you. Nothing like spending time with paints and acrylics dry so fast. Lovely colours too :D)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Yes, definitely cool! You have certainly captured the essence of the original (you wouldn't want an exact copy anyway). I'm definitely impressed!!

Maria Vaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria Vaz said...

A first great attempt. Good for you for venturing into painting your own modern art piece. I think you should continue!. Hugs.

Debbie said...

omgoodness, look at you!! So pretty, I really like the colors!!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Wow, All-Right! Love it! I new it was in you.. Very Luscious!!!

Shashi Nayagam said...

It is beautiful vee