Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Now there will be blog visiting

....but maybe not too much blogging.........

Not that there has been much lately anyway.

But now, it is hunt and peck with one good hand.

This the other..................

                                                                                                   















yup... as careful as I am, and, in winter in Canada, we do all try a lot harder to avoid slippery surfaces .....I still blew it.  My feet went out from under me in a nano second.   I was flat on my ass with my left hand on the ground.  Even with my lynx-like reflexes I was down.  Couldn't make the hand move at all... knew it was broken right away.   Walked home the block from the mailbox swearing at the top of my lungs and crying in between.   Not even from the pain...more from total anger at the knowledge ...

...of what's to come.

Six weeks in a cast ...see how the several broken bones heal...then a splint for more time and then re-hab........I am NOT a happy camper!!!



5 comments:

Terra said...

How frustrating and painful with a long time of healing ahead. I am praying for a fast healing for you.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

awwwwwwww -oh no!!! I'm so very sorry this happened to you! I am so afraid of ice because my sense of balance isn't great at the best of times (I live in fear of being pulled over by the police and being asked to walk in a straight line - not gonna happen). {{{{{you}}}} (btw - I LOVE the wee teddy face in your current header!).

Lin said...

Ugh. What a pain--literally and figuratively. Be kind to yourself as you heal. Stuff happens...and you will be okay. At least you didn't need surgery--I've had 2 friends in the last year go through that. Get well soon, friend!

Shashi Nayagam said...

So sorry to hear that you broke your wrist. Must be very frustrating not able to do things. Hope you heal soon. Take extra care please

Sue (this n that) said...

aw, really sorry to read that. What a bummer!!
All the best and heal up quickly :D)