Sunday, April 27, 2014

In the style of Suzi Blu

My Suzi Blu girl.  Not quite as grungy as Suzi does them...and, I doubt I would ever manage to do a grungy one anyway....     but, I love her!





















See the little area with pink roses and stems?  That is some pretty tissue paper I happened to have hanging around ....so I glued down two pieces ...  ... one other is up on the left corner ... I just couldn't believe how perfectly it fit with my colours...





















Here it is .... near some of my own chosen pinks and greens ..





















A few of my means of getting some texture and odd areas of interest.  I found a bit of scratty, sort of open weave straw ribbon or whatever it is .. no clue why I had it in my box of assorted oddities.  A piece of golden open weave ribbon.. and I punched out my own version of sequin waste to put paint onto in a few areas.  Worked just like the waste does.
















Almost reminds you of stars in her hair and on her dress....





















Still have't found any beeswax to smooth onto the whole canvas..but, maybe I won't bother anyway.... my big fear at this point.... what if I ruin her?  Yes, I know our first attempts are supposed to be experimental anyway ... but, I do like my result ...and ... well...    ..



7 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

You did a wonderful job Vee. It is lovely.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

She's wonderful! You don't want to have a copy of another persons work - you want it to be yours, and you've accomplished it admirably I think.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Very very pretty:)

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Twiglet said...

She is really lovely! x Jo

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Beautifully done!

Sue (this n that) said...

How clever you are Vee. Love your girl and I also love how you used the tissue paper flowers and created some texture highlights. A beautiful creation :D)