Sunday, April 20, 2014

Blog buddies are special

One of my blogging buddies gifted me with what she referred to as "a book on drawing".. imagine my surprise when I opened a parcel to discover this!  Suzi Blu has been of interest to me for a couple of years now..I have watched several of her videos on Youtube and thought about taking this class a few times.  Never got around to it ...

Now, I have it.  There is even a DVD included with the book!





















I sketched out a little idea.... after going through the book.





















Got a few 5 x 7 canvases... I couldn't find any birch wood pieces like Suzi uses...I will for the next attempt though.  Canvas just doesn't quite work the same .... but, for now...I wanted to give one a try.

I drew and coloured a head.





















Glued it on and proceeded to try a bit of colouring.... I did use some watercolours as well as the acrylics Suzi recommended....  it's all a bit of an experiment really when one doesn't actually quite know how supplies will work.....





















It's not finished, but still seems a long ways off from this....





















I'll be spending some time today adding more colour depth and interest... in between stuffing a little chicken .....and doing some baking.........



12 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Your picture is adorable. You make such great faces:) Keep going.

I just finished making the stuffing for this huge turkey. I have no idea what my husband was thinking when he bought it. He must have been hungry....LOL

Judys Lace Creations said...

I have this book and CD too!!Wow, you're doing great work with your drawing with this book as a stimulus!

Sue (this n that) said...

It all looks quite irresistible Vee - am going to have to check out Suzi Blu for myself. I totally love your drawings :D)

Lin said...

How fun! You are certainly on the right track!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your faces are quite amazing - you definitely have a talent! Can't wait to see what you will add to her now.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Vee,

Wow - so cute and I love your drawing - she has the sweetest face.
Happy new week
hugs
Carolyn

Twiglet said...

It's different from the original but it will be every bit as lovely when finished I am sure. x Jo

BeadedTail said...

Wow! You did a fabulous job! She's beautiful!

Karen said...

this looks like a beautiful book.....and your art??? wow!
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

Beedeebabee said...

Vee, you're just as talented with your drawing as you are with everything else you create! BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to see more! xo

Gwen Buchanan said...

V, you have an amazing talent!! Look at that little face.

Maria Vaz said...

Looks good already! Looking forward to seeing the finished painting. :)