The only other one I made was my copycat version of Gretel's needle felted Snowdrop. But, Maggi found this cute pattern and we are using a fluffy feathery looking mohair for this little gal.
I got her beak on....for which we are using some lovely dark rust felt. The instructions say to glue it on. Pagh..... it was a bit of fiddling...but mine is stitched. Not having glue on my mohair. Besides... stitched will stay firmly in position.
She is a perky looking little thing isn't she? That is a test eye..but, looks about right for size.
I managed to find some scraps of boiled wool I used eons ago for a bear I made in a class that was more to do with embroidered flowers on the bear than the bear itself.... just enough to make the wing pieces ... they look like gloves with fur around the wrists ..hahahha... well, they do right now. Wait ..... it'll look much better when they are actually attached, I'm sure ...well, I hope they do !
Some days I love to work in chaos it seems. It almost feels "cosy" if you know what I mean. On others...I must tidy, tidy, tidy, before even beginning to look at a project. Yeh, I know...oddball. That's me.
I had boxes of ribbons and piles of fabric all over the place trying to choose a tiny bit for her cape and for a big ribbon on the neck/collar of her cape. I always find pinks look almost red to the camera lens. This one looks so much nicer in person. A beautiful piece. In person, this ribbon is a bright fuschia pink and lovely soft greens...with some threads of brighter greens ..... to go with the soft green of her cape. It is part of a huge 2 metre chunk of lovely satin-one-side fabric I found in an Indian shop years ago... used on Madame Pompadour for ribbons and trim on her gown.