Sunday, February 17, 2013

Play dough .....

....my way......  I should be playing with Apoxy Sculpt and making chicken legs...er...goose legs for Ms. Mother Goose....but, my kitchen just seems a more fun place to play at the moment.  So, I am.

How I love playing with dough.  Any dough.  Ever since I began to bake bread several years ago...I just love to experiment with various recipes and types of breads and buns.  Check out my other blog sometime to see what else I get up to.... lots of tasty recipes if you care to try some ....

It's great fun to see if I can recreate some of the photos and textures that are shown and talked about on bread baking forums and blogs...

This is a no knead ciabatta loaf from Chef John...















Cornmeal so it doesn't stick ...and also it gives a nice bit of crunch to the bottom of the bread.















Here it is rising.... hiding under a floured tea towel....







14 comments:

Twiglet said...

Yummy! I made bread buns this afternoon - mixed seeds. They turned out really nice - much tastier than bought ones. x Jo

Lin said...

Aw, gees, I've been meaning to make homemade bread for weeks now...and I always seem to find some other project to keep me busy. I guess that's a good way to keep the pounds off, right? :( Not as much fun though.

Catherine said...

I've never made bread but I am guessing it is very therapeutic kneading that dough!
xo Catherine

Maa said...

I just haven't had time to make bread lately. I like your cornbread there. Must have a look at the recipe for it. Is it on your other blog? I hope so. With Petal in Sydney for three weeks it will give me the time to experiment.
Thanks Vee, Sue

BeadedTail said...

Mmmm, ciabatta bread!

frayedattheedge said...

Mmmmmm - that looks good - I am very lazy and now make bread in my machine!

rusty duck said...

Like Anne I've been using the machine lately too. But when I have more time I want to experiment a bit more. You can't beat the wonderful aroma of home baked bread!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Yummy!

Susan, a Sometimes Blogger said...

Lovely! I've just been over visiting your Tea and Scones blog and have bookmarked it. Some beaut recipes there Vee :D)

Abi said...

Oh how I've missed you V! Have you finished the house reno? The last we 'spoke' you had returned from a European vacation I think!!
I will keep up-to-date as of now :O)

Gwen Buchanan said...

I am so glad to see you baking.. in your new kitchen. I love home made bread. I made some yummy cheese and cornmeal muffins the other day. first time. kind of good.

Libby Buttons said...

Hey ole friend! Nothing makes a house a home like love and the smell of home baked breads!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Vee,

I love to bake bread too - the kneading is therapeutic and the smell when it is cooking Mmmm!
Have a happy new week

hugs
Carolyn

Linda said...

Oh I bet that was gorgeous Vee .....must admit I just let my breadmaker do all the work ;-)
But I do love playing with dough! I used to make coloured playdough for the children when I was teaching ...such fun. Especially when we added stuff like glitter, lavender oil, lemon oil and spices. xx