Friday, October 14, 2011

accckkkkk!! .... it's fall !!















The cone flowers have had it.  Leaves on trees are a strange mixture of still-almost-fresh-looking-green, or lime greens, ..  some brilliant golden, some deep burgundy and lots of in-between reds....  ...or already blown off in the strong gusty winds we had last week.  Wheeling up and down the streets.... stopping in gutters and little dips here and there...piling up...
Our little Hawthorn has the biggest fattest berries I've ever seen on it....
















Sometimes don't'cha just feel like we're on a merry-go-round?  Spinning in circles and all of a sudden we get off and...whoa..... dizzy......... 

I feel almost light headed thinking summer has flown...  and the robins will be flying tomorrow.  Yes, they do leave exactly on the day.... the 15th of October.  Oh, alright... not all of them, but the smart ones leave the second they finish all the berries on our Mayday tree.  Tomorrow.

And.... even though we usually have great weather long into October, it is now heading for the other season.... which at this point I don't really want to think about (except for the decorating and the fun stuff... I'm ready to put up my tree any day now) ..  .  However, not one to be left waiting in a long queue of last minute tire changers...I did already get the winter tires put on the car.  I'm ready! 

Summer..... gone......wow......... I lost two whole months of it with my wrecked ribs and I absolutely don't even remember that part of it.  Really.  What the heck did I do?  Sleep through it?  Don't even know.  Must look back to see if I blogged a bit or what ..... it seems to have just disappeared.

Then.... I got back to golfing too soon, because I was fed up at missing out ... and practiced (probably a bit incorrectly as well) ... too much.  I wrecked my elbow.... but, I was determined to get in some ball whacking before the end of the good weather and so....I did.  I overdid and now..I'm paying.  Can hardly get my hand to my mouth to drink a cup of tea...or to brush and floss...it hurts so much when I straighten it out ...ouch..... so... off to physio I guess.  Must get it back in action before next season, and I know this type of thing can take a while to rectify.  My own fault.  Ice, Ibuprofen, physio and whatever else it takes.  I need to be ready to take some winter golf swing classes just after Christmas ..... yeh..I know...I'm a nut job.  Can't deny it.

I'm trying to get back into my 'other' life routine now.  Actually, seeing as the arm is not good enough to golf...I'm actually enjoying doing other things.  There is plenty that has gone undone for the past few months.  Lots to catch up on.  How do things get so dusty in such a short time span? hahahhaha..... oh, I guess it was longer than I thought.  It's a wonder any of my houseplants are still alive...I've even ignored them.  Gee...and poor Mr. BV.... guess what?  He's still around too!  Just kidding...I would never ignore him.  He's pretty special.  I did still manage to make some meals for him and if I wasn't around...left things for him to heat up for suppers..or great salads...he didn't lose one single pound ...but, I on the other hand, have lost 11 pounds over the summer!  Who says golf is not exercise?  Liars.  Or... they don't walk the 18 holes.... they must take ride'em carts.  

He particularly enjoyed this Chicken Kiev I made one night ....















I don't know how long it will be before I feel like stabbing wool.  It is small motor movements that seem to be the most painful.  Day at a time I guess.  Time will tell.
One of my new golfing buddies wants to make a little bear....hope I feel up to doing something soon so we can get at it long before the festive season.



11 comments:

Dolores said...

Little bear is a cutie. Too bad you didn't wait to get really, really 100% better before buggering yourself up again. Hope you're on the mend real quick. Time is flying by - as you have noticed.

Jennifer Rose said...

welcome back :) sorry to read that you are still hurting :( hopefully physio helps, they might tell you to lay off the golf for a bit tho to help with the healing :S that chicken kiev looks really good :D

Twiglet said...

I blame the fact that I turned 60 last week!! I have had aches and pains all week but think I just pulled a muscle somewhere. It's getting better and it hasn't stopped me crafting a little. Hope you are feeling on top form soon. x Jo

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Vee,
I missed you my friend. Sorry to hear you are still in pain. But you should have waited to get well before going out to hit balls. :(
What am I going to do with you!LOL
That little bear has such a cute face and the color is lovely!
Please take it easy!
Hugs

Catherine said...

Winter is around the corner I think. I look forward to cozy blankets and big mugs of hot chocolate. I hope you are taking care of yourself and getting better. There's nothing more important than our health - don't you think?

Keep warm!
xo Catherine

Anonymous said...

Well, you learned the hard (and painful) way to let yourself heal fully before straining/syressing your body!
You have just reminded me that the houseplants need watering!!

Abi said...

How adorable - wee little head :O)
What happened to your ribs V? I've been absent form blog land for two months... tut tut.
Hope you are ok.
Hugs X

Serena Lewis said...

That white stuff will arrive before you can blink. lol

I can empathise with the elbow pain as I've had to deal with it myself of late. Sometimes, I need to bring my other hand in to help lift my painful arm off the mattress when turning or trying to get out of bed. I have both carpal tunnel syndrome and osteoarthritis so I'm not sure which is causing the pain. Have you tried wearing an elbow support? Like an elasticated bandage wrap or sleeve. My Rheumatologist has me taking daily Oruvail (NSAID) to help with the elbow, wrist and thumb pain but I still have some bad days. You may end up needing a cortisone injection although I hope it doesn't come to that.

Well done on losing 11 pounds...I can't seem to budge my weight gain at all. Darned menopause!

I know...can you believe Christmas is just around the corner??!!! SHRIEK!!!

Have a lovely week, Vee, and I sure do hope your elbow pain eases soon for you. xo

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

You're blog makes me hungry.

Summer did go by all too fast.

sandy said...

Did I mention before how much I love your banner...

Gretel said...

My, you do work at a tiny size! You must not over do things - you can always show your friend what to do without doing all of it yourself. Or at least just rest your arm until then. Well done on losing the 11 pounds, that's brilliant.