Thursday, December 2, 2010

here's the explanation

Sheila, of PrimRose Donkey Sanctuary.... rescues and takes in strays of all sorts.(it isn't just donkeys at her place for sure!)  This is just one more in the never ending line of poor unfortunates.  However... once they get to Sheila's place...    they are definitely not unfortunate any more! They get all the love and spoiling the volunteers can muster.  Laurel is one of those very special ladies.... 


Here is the blurb I copied from Sheaffer's blog to let you know the story...


"Shadow the goat, now renamed VanaRose, made clear to Laurel the volunteer that her ears were feeling the chill and so Laurel has made her several sets of ear covers, in varying thicknesses so she can weather the winter chill in comfort. They match her tartan winter blanket, giving her a stylish air not usually seen outside the larger fashion houses."


Imagine somebody making such a cute outfit for a rescued goat..... I just love it.  I don't know Laurel...but, sure wish I could meet her in person some day.  She must be a special lady indeed..... and... what a sense of humour!


Every time I see that picture of the goat I just have to laugh....



5 comments:

Dolores said...

Made by someone with too much time on their hands and a lot of love.

BeadedTail said...

We had to go see the picture and we laughed too but we bet that hat is very warm!

Serena Lewis said...

What a lovely thing for Laurel to do and I'm sure VanaRose loves her new 'ear-warmers'.

Catherine said...

I love it! What a beautiful person to take in all those sweet animals. Well, and what goat wouldn't be happy to wear such stylish ear warmers!!! :)

xo Catherine

Abi said...

ADORABLE!!!!
I am sorry to hear of Sheila's loss... she sent me some wonderful photos of her gang when I donated the doll money. She is such a lovely person. But, it made me cry!! ok, so it doesn't take much, but I wish the world was a better place... damn it, now I've got Michaeal Jackson's song in my head!!!
I love my pigs!!! They already get excited when I give them their breakfast, lunch and dinner!! too cute.