Thursday, December 23, 2021

The new girl...

 Look who travelled all the way from England at the coldest time of the year!

Two of us bloggy buddies decided to do a personal ornament swap... Shashi hasn't received mine yet...but, here is mine from her! 

Yesterday I didn't have a name for her...but, today ...she is called Fiona.  I tried a few different names on her and nothing sounded right .... but, then... Mr. BumbleVee said ... what about Fiona? ... and, I like it.  She looks like a little Fiona to me.... a name that one elvin couple called their baby....

I sat her in various spots in the Christmas tree ...but, she had trouble getting comfy.  I tried her on top of some ornaments ...but, she couldn't quite find a way to sit on them properly and/or in a very ladylike fashion.   We tried several greenery arrangements and tables ..etc... but, it was a no go.












Finally, we decided upon the pony wall around the stairwell... and, a little reindeer came over to check her out ... and, stayed.  She proclaimed her favourite spot...and is still sitting there...

I especially love her cute little "slippers"...  golden seed beads stitched around her dainty feet on a line that suggests she is wearing ballerina flats.. .. just an illusion of slippers really, but you'd swear that's what they are... such a great idea Shashi!  Perfect for such a tiny doll.












As tiny as she is ..her face is needle sculpted... that must have been tricky.... 

Thanks so much Shashi for my lovely little girl... 



    


8 comments:

Twiglet said...

A lovely festive post - what a cute little lady - very clever and a great swap from Shoshi. All the best for Christmas and the New Year. xx Jo

Magpie's Mumblings said...

She's adorable! So glad she found a friend and a spot to call her own.
Happy Christmas to you and yours!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Dear Vee as i was reading you mail this morning i heard something come through the mail box and low and behold your parcel arrived just on time for Christmas. I love the little ornaments . The origami baubles and the cute little bear in a wallnut shell and the little lace stockings. Thanks so much for the lovely ornaments they all have a pride of place in my tree.. i shall take a good picture of them and then post it in my blog

Granny Sue said...

Fiona is lovely, Vee! What a lovely gift.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Love the name you have given her ❤️

sandy said...

I love Shashi's beautiful Fiona ..perfect name for her.

Lin said...

Isn't she wonderful?!! What a lovely gift to receive! I would love to see what you sent your friend too. I'm sure it was just as fun. Um....LOVE LOVE LOVE the little reindeer. Did you make him? I would love to make one of those...is there a pattern somewhere?

Happy New Year to you, Vee!

Bob T Bear (esq) said...

Hello! I'm bak I fownd my login! Heehee! Enyway. I hav an arnty Fiona, she lives in Fife. She talks to Daddy on zoom eetch week but I don't joyne in becos she is boring.