Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Periwinkle

This is Peri.... short for Periwinkle.  Because of the colour of her outfit mostly... and, because I really like the sound of the word.  Mom used to tell us about 'winkles' when she talked about English things.  She was from there, but us kids had never been....

Imagine being able to collect and eat winkles from the nearby beaches... what fun that would be if a person liked to eat 'shell-y' kinds of things.

Anyway... I have not been doing much blogging...and, not doing anything crafty at all.  I'm having real problems with my eyes and can't see much up close to do anything of any importance anymore.  Even reading is a bust.  I have no idea if it is permanent...but I'm working on it.... at some point I'll need cataract surgery, but first must get the pressure readings from the glaucoma under control.  Bummer.

So, thought I would show you a paper clay doll I did back in the day... as I was moving dolls in the curio last weekend when we changed things around in the hobby room/ office/music room....

Here she is .. paper clay over fabric and the eyes are acrylic paint as are the lips... face colour too...

pretty blue eyes...







5 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

I'm so sorry that your eyes are giving you trouble at the moment, Vee. I hope the issue can be resolved. Best of luck to you.

Periwinkle is adorable! Love her hair!

Hope you are enjoying a lovely week despite the eye issues.

Lin said...

Oh, shoot, Vee. I hope you get this figured out and can go back to doing the things you love.

Periwinkle is just beautiful!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your Peri is beautiful! I love her face, particularly her eyes. They're so hard to get even and you did her proud. At first I read 'winkles' as 'wrinkles' and for a few seconds pondered why one would want to eat them...or even how one could.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

ps - also wanted to wish you well with your eye issues. Hopefully they will soon be righted around.

sandy said...

She's cute! hope your eyes behave soon. I find issues at times like those.