Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Wild Bird Wednesday

I think it is a Sparrow Hawk.

This guy flew onto the patio wall the other day... looking for snacks I guess.  Little birds that is.... they hang out in the lilac and on the wall too.... begging for treats.  'Somebody' must have noticed.

And, besides ..there is a new little fountain in the patio with burbling water...maybe that enticed him.

All I know is..I saw him swoop in....mostly just a shadow, and jumped up, grabbed my camera and managed to get a few shots through the window before he flew away.  He took a quick peek into the lilacs..but I'm sure the little guys had fled by then... thank goodness.  Didn't need to witness any of that nonsense...

He/she... looks pretty fierce.... hide little birdies !!
























Linking up to Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday (on Wednesday) ...

Click on the photo of this crazy bird to go there..




6 comments:

Lea said...

Great photos!
Always good to keep the camera near to grab a quick shot before the opportunity is gone
Hope you are having a wonderful week!

A Colorful World said...

He is just beautiful! Hope the songbirds stayed well hidden. Nice shots!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I sometimes see a hawk when I open the curtains in the morning. There's a spruce tree just outside our window and he often lurks in there waiting for an unsuspecting small bird to come along. Fortunately I've never seen him 'do the nasty'.

Stewart M said...

Looks good for a S'hawk to me! Great pictures.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Shashi Nayagam said...

You did well to get a picture of him. I hope the little birdies are safe

Jeannie said...

Gosh! Look at those sharp talons! They show up so well in the picture. I would hate to have them grab me.

Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry