Thursday, August 10, 2017

has it been THAT long !!@?

Good grief!  I knew I had taken leave...but, maybe I also took leave of my senses.  Oh, alright, no chance of that..... don't have much sense anyway most days.

I've been dealing with chaos since April due to a burst R/O cartridge on our water purifier system which was under the kitchen sink.  It spewed out water for 3 hours while I was not at home.  Ruined our hardwood floor and all the work we did last year in the basement.  Huge $$$ amount involved...

Many of you know I am always in the thick of it with renovations anyway..but, this was different.  We had finally finished the last of the renos at Christmas and were enjoying a totally finished house for those few months...then, April... yeh, well, never say it's over and never say you're finished that's my advice.  Something or somebody heard us and decided we were not finished at all.

So, we have had to deal with insurance, trades people we don't know, and all sorts of hassles for the past few months....it still isn't over, but almost.  I lost the last of the few marbles I ever had I'm sure.

I decided to try some stitching the other day while waiting for the car to be serviced..and, as usual, again, waiting all those hours for the phone call to say when to come back to collect it...

My eyes have gotten much worse and I was totally dismayed to discover I can hardly do tiny stitching even with my glasses on and a big magnifier on the table... but, persevered and did get a few stitches done.

Here are a few pics of the new little pin cushion I am starting.. the large flower is not my stitching, it is a piece of a pretty doily.  The bottom corner is a vintage hankie...















And, we just got home from visiting relatives in Prince George... some pretty roadside shots from the scenic drive home..





6 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Oh no Vee what a disaster!!!. My heart goes out to you. I hope you can get back to your life soon. Will you be back to normal by Christmas do you think. Well I shall keep my fingers crossed for you.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh my - you've been having some adventures while you've been away! Not all of them the type you want to have either. Hope everything soon is back to normal and you can put your feet up and enjoy the rest of the summer. Glad you're back!

Lin said...

Aw, gees. That is horrible! I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I hope the worst is behind you now.

But, I'm glad you are back! I have missed you!

I just saw my little Dotee and it reminded me to check in on you. I quit my job and took her home with me. It's nice to know that I have a little friend no matter where I am. :)

Stay sane, dear friend. This too shall pass.

Twiglet said...

Oh Vee - that's awful - I just remember how glad you were when your work was over and how pleased you were with it all. I hope you are getting it back to something like it should be - I suppose it could have been worse - you might have been away for a few weeks!! A lovely little stitching picture. I thought you might like to see what my daughter Maxine has been up to Tilly Tea Dance. https://www.facebook.com/Tillyteadance/

xx Jo

Stewart M said...

Renovations and repairs are enough to break the soul of the strongest person! Hope all works out well.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Dolores said...

OK, now I see why you aren't finished the reno. Hope it's all over soon so you guys can relax. My daughter it in PG at the moment - the one that lives in Soda Creek. She is now doing a masters in business and every once in a while has to attend classes so she's there for a 3-day weekend. I haven't been over there to visit in over a year. They have come here though, so that's nice.