The new dolly I am making.
Not much new happening with her ... she will be a long time in the making.
However, I did add some tiny bits of clay to her face and head and got her sort of how I like her ...and, I began the hands. We'll see if I use the hands or not. I might have wanted to give a bit more thought to the position of the hands and fingers. Like, if I want her to be holding something or not. They won't hold much in this position.
The pattern shows perfect skinny sausages for fingers.... whereas mine definitely look more skeletal. Nobody mentioned having to put on alternate fingers...but, I found I was having great difficulty doing one wet piece of clay that close to a second piece of clay. So, finally did alternate fingers and let them dry and then did the rest.
I was thinking how the fingers looked weird and sort of pinched together where they joined each other finger. But, once I got the little bit of clay onto the back of the hand, I discovered I could lay it up further on the fingers a bit more to give them slight space or a bit of a web between each finger. That'll be more like it.
It looks like a bit (or, a lot) more work is needed on them yet. I'm so slow and tentative with clay. I have no idea why.....it is easy to sand it off..it's just paper clay. But there you have it... working with clay tells you something about you. Hahahaha,,,, as if I didn't already know that I am cautious and a bit tentative with a lot of things.
Coming along, albeit very slowly.
Click on the pics to see them bigger.