Thursday, October 24, 2013

A beautiful day!

Can you believe it got up to +20C today?  A perfect summery day.... on the 24th of October!  Wow.
                                 
Look at the colour of the sky...and it was exactly like this, believe me!
Pretty darn amazing.
                                            













This is my young hawthorn tree... I've never seen this many berries on it before.  Have no idea what that might mean.... regarding winter and all the superstitions, or myths, etc... all I know is it is great to see.





















 And, several snapdragons and the wild flax are still blooming away.... this one grew really long and leggy...  it towers over the oat grass  ... I think because it was in the shade of the tree and was reaching for more sunlight... who knows for sure....



















Today, ... Eggnog is already in the Safeway....good grief!!  And, I saw my first Christmas ad...... shhheeeesh!  It ain't even Hallowe'en yet for cryin' out loud!


2 comments:

Twiglet said...

Stunning photos - not quite so sunny here but very mild for the end of October. Don't mention the C word! lol x Jo

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I was aghast when I went into our local dollar store yesterday for some plastic pumpkins and discovered the fall shelves were emptied out and they were putting out Christmas 'stuff'. That's just plain crazy!!